HubSpot Ideas

KJB

Add a very simple "Create email" endpoint to the existing CMS upload API

It would be great if you could add an endpoint to the existing CMS upload API.  In that case, even without modules this would be very useful: All the endpoint would need to do would be the equivalent of the "Create email" feature:

2019.02.12_07.29.42_shot.png

Good: Take one parameter for the new email's name.

Better: Also allow sending these fields for the new email:

1. From
  2. Subject line
  3. Preview text
  4. Subscription type (by ID)
  5. Campaign (by ID)
  6. Recipients (array of list IDs and array of individual contact IDs)

Best and Beyond: Also allow prefilling of modules

But really, Good here would be an amazing start and would save us tons of time.  It would make HubSpot a joy for us to use, instead of the unfortunately arduous part of our process we currently experience it as.  For HubSpot's part, it would be one of the simplest endpoints your API would have!  (Therefore, I would guess, it would require relatively little development time and effort to implement.)

2 Replies
Shay
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @KJB, thanks for posting! We recently released a new public API for marketing emails, you can find the update (and link to the docs) here: https://developers.hubspot.com/changelog/update-cms-marketing-email-api-is-now-live

This is a first version of the API, taking what we already had and making it public for all to use. Please please do let me know if you have feedback, suggestions, ideas and bug reports for it, we're very much focused on making improvements to it over time. Thanks!

KJB
Participant

Thanks @Shay !  Amazing!  I can't wait to make use of this!!!  😃