HubSpot Ideas

leo_csrt

Add a redirect after booking a Meeting

It would be useful to have a feature in the Meetings tool that allows you to redirect the visitor to a URL or a custom Thank you page after filling in the Meetings.
In my opinion, the "booking confirmation" is useful but being able to redirect the visitor to another URL after X seconds would provide a better experience for him/her.

Thanks,

Leo

HubSpot Updates
Delivered
December 02, 2019 11:08 AM

Hi Community! 

Meetings custom redirects are now live in all customer portals. You can see how this works here

Best,

Glen

November 19, 2019 11:50 AM

We are in beta now, and about 30% of portals will see this live in their settings today. More information on how this looks here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/meetings-tool/set-up-a-redirect-for-your-meetings-link

If you'd like to make sure you have access, please send me a direct message and I can ungate specific Hubs this week.

Best,

Glen

November 15, 2019 07:55 AM

We are now moving forward rolling this beta out to all customers. It is currently out to 15% of HubSpot portals. We will continue to ungate customers in the next several days. Here is some documentation on the functionality: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/meetings-tool/set-up-a-redirect-for-your-meetings-link

If you would still like early acces, you can still message me directly and I will ungate your team as soon as I can get to it.

Have a great weekend all!

- Glen

October 03, 2019 09:24 AM

We have fixed a bug in the beta that was causing embedded meetings to redirect within the iframe. Embedded meetings will now redirect the entire page!

September 20, 2019 09:03 AM

Thanks everyone who has been participating in the beta this first week.

We've gotten some feedback already from folks submitting this form, and please continue to do so if you have any issues or ideas!

One that I'd like to call out is that there has been some unexpected behavior in how the redirect works for embedded meeting links. They are currently redirecting within the iframe. We will resolve this during the beta before this feature rolls out to users, but I'd like to call it out here so that you all know about this issue!

We will resolve this next week!

In Beta
September 13, 2019 07:40 AM

Hi Community! 

Happy Friday!

We are now in beta for the meetings redirect after booking a meeting! This feature is available to all paid seats in meetings (Starter, Professional & Enterprise).

If you would like to participate, you can message me directly with your HUB ID and the best email address to reach you. I will be able to provide your team with this feature, and we will actively look for feedback to continue making improvements to the experience.  Please message me directly instead of replying to this thread to be sure that I can include you in the beta!

August 15, 2019 01:03 PM

Hi Community!

Quick update -- 

We plan to be in development with an initial fix in the coming weeks. We'll then move this to a beta, in which I'll provide instructions here for how to get access. This beta will focus primarily on the ability to redirect to any external or hubspot page of your choice!

I should have more news in the next couple of weeks for timing of the beta. Smiley Happy

- Glen

July 23, 2019 05:20 AM

@Kasim still TBD on packaging tier, but I will update here as soon as I know.

In Planning
July 23, 2019 05:10 AM

Hi Community!

We are planning to add the ability to redirect link to the booking process. We now have this planned into our roadmap and will be in development on the fix in the coming weeks.

When a booking a meeting, you will be able to send contacts to a webpage of your choice.

With this update, we hope to provide the ability for you to add tracking like GTM, Google Ads, Facebook Pixel, etc. to your pages for your campaigns. This will also allow you to better customize the booking process to reflect your brand experience.

After this update, I will continue to monitor this request for any adjustments or additions needed to this feature.

July 02, 2019 03:55 AM

Thank you everyone who has reached out! I've got a calendar full of calls to talk through this with many of you. I will update again once we've progressed further.

June 28, 2019 04:32 AM

Thank you all for the feedback and suggestions on this idea!

We are currently investigating solutions to the issues and ides surfaced in the thread. There are important needs for campaign tracking (e.g. Google Tag Manager) as well as user experience (e.g. redirecting to a new page).

If anyone would like to speak with me directly about your team's use case it will help us greatly in defining the problems to solve. Please message me directly if you would like to schedule a time to discuss.

96 Replies
PeterODonoghue

Hi

Can you consider implementing the facilty to redirect to a specified URL when a meeting has been booked.

EG. I can redirect to a landing page specific to a sales person that the meeting was booked for where i can pre-educate on the value of the meeting

eliSEVEN

This would be highly useful as the functionality exists in the regular Forms function, but not the Meetings - form questions, where many people would embed into their meeting booking pages on their website.

edplotts

100 times yes to this feature request. We absolutely need the ability to fire an event or tag when a meeting has been successfully booked. 

Upon creating a meeting link, users should have the ability to either set their own redirect url OR fire an event.
This will allow us to tell our other systems (particularly PPC platforms) whether or not a lead has booked a meeting.
In turn we could then better attribute performance data to our PPC campaigns... i.e. we'd have the ability to see in the FB ad platform whether or not the clicks we're paying for turn into meeting booked...retarget leads who didn't book... or even optimize campaigns to the specific conversion event (meeting booked)

Please implement!

UPDATE: ACtually perhaps tracking is possible via the meeting form cookie? Would love clarification here

mrspabs
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

i would love an answer to edplotts question regarding an event.

ChandlerW
Participant

I would also like to know how to cookie users based on booked meetings. And I agree that a redirect button or a thank you page functionality is desperately needed.

malloryfranz
Participant

Yes - this is critical for us not only for tracking purposes but also to improve the quality of the scheduled call by including critical information on the thank you page.

This functionality is desperately needed.

carlosalas

This functionality is a must, it can provide a better experience for everyone.

joedtrick

Please Hubspot bless us with this feature 

Uthoocha

Can't track goals in Google Analytics without this!

emilymost

Implementing this feature will allow our process to come together more effectively. This is huge for us!

Uthoocha

In Hubspot, Meeting form submissions log like a Web form submission and show like (Meetings link:xxxxxxx) instead of the Form name.

We've set up a workflow that enrolls contacts who fill out the meeting form, this then does two things; one triggers a thank you email and two triggers a POST webhook to Zapier.

We then use a Zapier webhook zap to GA zap, to listen for the incoming POST webhook, which in turns fire a GA Page View Metric for our Thank you page URL into GA.

If you have a Goal set up for this URL destination, you will get a goal conversion. You many not get all the channel associated metrics and data, but you should have a true conversion rate.

malloryfranz
Participant

@Uthoocha That's a great idea. Thanks for sharing! I am new to webhooks. What do you put for the webhook url in the workflow? Is this the thank you page you want to trigger the pageview for? (i.e. domain.com/thank-you)

Uthoocha

@malloryfranz , You need to set up a Zapier account [ zapier dot com ].

Then create a new Zap.

For the first trigger use `Webhooks by Zapier` -> select `Catch hook` then -> view hook.

This will give you a webhook URL to enter into your HS workflow.

As the workflow completes it will trugger the hook and Zapier will be listening.

Then for your action, use Google Analytics zap -> select Create a Mesaurement -> connect your GA account -> fill in all the bits required like your, Account, Profile and Thank you page URL etc

Then test. This should fire a page view into GA for your Thankyou page causing a conversion.

After you've put the test live, book a test meetig to ensure your workflow fires and triggers the Webhook.

hca-larry

Echo-ing what others said - if possible, can you please implement this feature? 

The only reason I don't use the meeting's feature right now is because it can't redirect to a custom thank you page and therefore I can't track conversions from my facebook ad campaigns. 

Just to be clear - here's the exact functionality I'm looking for: https://blog.calendly.com/scheduling-redirect-custom-questions/

Thanks!

Marno_Watson

Exactly what we need! Please implement this feature and email me at marno.watson@procurementexpress.com

bassic
Participant

Please do add this feature as it will also be beneficial for Google Ads tracking.

GraehamF
Participant

I need this feature as well.  I need to track meeting conversions.  I'll probably have to stop using HubSpot meetings and use Calendly or other service for this.  Such a shame.  Seems like a basic feature.

timkilroy
Participant

This would be really helpful - I want to have a prospect book a meeting, then answer questions about what they need. I'd rather not do this before capturing the e-mail address.

jamabryan
Participant

We desperately need this feature for a couple of reasons... First, we need to be able to collect additional information after someone schedules and second, we need to track for conversions with PPC/ads. 

markstruczewski
Contributor

100% yes!!! I've migrated from Calendly after upgrading HubSpot (why pay for both?) and they had this. I miss this. I want to send them to my site not just a boring HubSpot page (no offense, HubSpot).