Add a "local" rule when creating message

Our website languages are configured like this : 

www.mydomain.com/ ====> English.

www.mydomaine.com/fr/ ====> French.

Because of this, i can't create juste 2 message with 2 rules likes : 

www.mydomain.com/*  ====> English message

www.mydomain.com/fr/* ====> French message

I have to manually enter all my english url in my first message 😕

A "local" rule (like intercom does) would fixe this issue!

HubSpot Updates
Re: Add a "local" rule when creating message - changed to: Delivered
June 05, 2018 01:34 PM

@troelsfeodor is correct that our wildcard does work that way in Message as well!

@sdelrue we've also recently expanded our Targeting settings. In addition to the Website URL is and isn't options, we now offer: Website URL contains, doesn't contain, starts with, or doesn't start with, and Query Param targeting. I believe you should be able to accomplish what you need between those options and the wildcard. Let me know if not!

2 Replies
troelsfeodor
Top Contributor

I believe the wildcard logic works like this (at least it does for Leadin which looks to be the same). It will only show the more specific targeting which means if you have a French Message set up for /fr/* then that will overrule an English one targeting /*

But it's not a very solid solution and for example means you cannot avoid showing the English message in case you don't set one up in French.

Maybe someone from Hubspot can confirm this is how it currently works? 

(and let's then agree we need more sophisticated targeting where you can at least choose urls (with a wildcard option) NOT to show the Message for)

hroberts
HubSpot Product Team

@troelsfeodor is correct that our wildcard does work that way in Message as well!

@sdelrue we've also recently expanded our Targeting settings. In addition to the Website URL is and isn't options, we now offer: Website URL contains, doesn't contain, starts with, or doesn't start with, and Query Param targeting. I believe you should be able to accomplish what you need between those options and the wildcard. Let me know if not!