HubSpot Ideas

Jeffrey_B

Add a "Nickname" property for contacts

Stuart or Stu?  Richard or Rick? Jeffrey or Jeff?  Susan or Sue?

Often there is a difference between "first name" and "you can call me X".  It would be handy to have that information close at hand when making phone calls.

7 Kommentare
lyno1234567
Teilnehmer/-in

Brilliant!  Is there anything more important than the words you say after 'Hi ..."?   Outlook has it as a field and iOS even recognises it when you say, "call Stu at Vanderlay Industries".  It's a feature most people don't know about, but would make interactions with HubSpot and our clients so much more personal.  Yes, please, HubSpot!   

StephenGoldsmit
Mitglied

I would like to see a slight change to the information that is available on the top left portion of a contact page.

Right now there is a space for a picture and right below it is the person's name, as entered in the contact record.  The name only has space for the first and last name.  I would suggest adding the option for adding the nickname in this field so when I am on the phone with someone or drop them a note, I am aware that there is a nickname that they prefer to be referenced by.  If there is nothing in the nickname field, the name would appear as it does now, if there is a nickname,it  would appear in a (for my name) Stephen "Steve" Goldsmith format.  This will help me not accidently calling "Ted," Alfons or other such errors one could make.  Hope you can see the merit of and incorporate this change in the near future.

rachaelatte
Mitglied

This is a fantastic idea. When I'm reaching out to contacts by email or phone, it would be extremely helpful to know their full name and the name they prefer to go by. I regularly hunt through emails to find the name they go by to avoid different names being used in conversations or documents.

NatalieWlock
Teilnehmer/-in

Thank you for the idea! I agree that it would be useful to have a built in property for short name or nickname. In my previous position, the CRM had duplicates because of different use of full or short names or nicknames. In my new company, I am building a CRM and want to ensure it is as clean as possible and set it up for success. 

paperweight
Mitglied

These are great ideas. Two thoughts:

1) Yes, Salesforce does have a separate Nickname field as a default. In Hubspot, we need to add a user-defined property to allow that to be used. Middle names are also important.

2) Nicknames, when people have them, are crucial in sales and marketing to create immediate connections online or on the phone. At Transformania, we have a patent-pending process to extract nicknames from contact records if someone appears to have a nickname. We also clean and continuously update your CRM data so we can track and immediately update if someone's email changes or their job titles changes, etc. We have been in development for 2 years and currently open to beta testers -- the great news is we are targeting Hubspot first and so the beat is only open for Hubspot users. Visit us to see more.

Extracting usable data from your CRM contactsExtracting usable data from your CRM contacts

Brendanmcc
Teilnehmer/-in

that is a fairly basic requirement for me...

xmontero
Teilnehmer/-in

For me this is "required". I am a touroperator and we completely separate the "official name that appears in the passport" with the "name to address all communication". In Spanish it's quite frequent to have compound names that are written separate in the passport like "MARIA DEL CARMEN" that gets "compressed" into a single name like "MAYCA" which comes from "MA-ria Y CA-rmen".

Noone feels appealed if I tell them over the phone "Hey, María del Carmen" if all their friends call her "Hey, Mayca!"

Nevertheless, if in the flight tickets I write "MAYCA GARCÍA" instead of "MARIA DEL CARMEN GARCÍA" 100% sure this person does not get on board the plane and is left on the ground. Names "must match" to get the flight.

In our business this separation IS A MUST.