HubSpot Ideas

BSheck

Add a "Duplicate" function to Settings > Users & Teams

Right now, the only options available are "Edit" or "Delete," and I think adding the ability to duplicate a Role would be useful because it would allow you to efficiently set up multiple Roles that might be similar but with very specific tweaks to access, rather than having to start from scratch when setting up each Role. (I think this same "duplicate" functionality might also be useful for Teams.) Thank you.

3 Replies
callie
Contributor

Yes, please!! I've spent all morning toggling between a regular and incognito window to do just this (all the same settings, less 1 tool) for multiple roles. 

AStrong6

Agree, We have multiple roles that the only difference is a paid sales enterprise seat. I just went in and tried to duplicate the base role but realized that's not an option.  Looks like the term was recently updated to "Permission Sets" -  so the ability to duplicate and edit a Permission Set would be helpful. 

AStrong6

Yes to this idea, please!  Often I just need to adjust one setting on a role / permission set and it would be helpful to be able to clone the original and edit to create the new one.