HubSpot Ideas

Stephanie-OG

Add a preview for for Blog Author Page

Currently when you develop a blog template you can toggle between previews for the blog listings and posts, either in the "Live preview with display options" upper right hand corner or using the  "Preview without display options" and toggling the "blog_listing" parameter in the URL, e.g.: 

However, because the blog author page is styled within the blog listings template, there's no way of previwing what the blog author page will look like until the blog is live.

It would be great if we could preview this, for example by adding a parameter like &blog_author=true

Sample use case: I developed a blog template for a client, but they wanted to see what the blog author page looks like before going live (they were reluctant to publish with unknowns). 

As a workaround I published the template on a Test Blog on my portal to show them, but this isn't ideal!

Stephanie O'Gay Garcia

HubSpot Design / Development

Website | Contact

3 Comentarios
Helwete
Miembro

Yes please! I really need this.

YiRui_Chua
HubSpot Employee

Hi team!

Upvoting this for a cusomter.

Additionally, it would be great if we can have a separate template for blog authors altogether. Because it's merged with the blog listing template, it's very difficult for us to make edits to the blog author'spage.

Thank you!

BBarbin
Miembro

This needs to be addressed along with being able to preview the blog template as a tag page or as a page other than the first of pagination.

As is there is no way to preview/test a blog rebrand. The ideal would be password protected blogs, so you could set a test blog to the new template and test. The problem is my clients are very particular about brand updates being visible to the public before they are ready, so testing in an unsecured blog isn't an option.