HubSpot Ideas

Teun

Add a place to add custom code to the head of an drag and drop (D&D) e-mail

Right now, the only way to add custom HTML (<style>, <script> or <meta> tags) to the head of an e-mail is to use a template.
When using a template, our marketeers can not use the fancy drag and drop functionality the current editor offers. We are not able to create a D&D template for e-mail right now. So we have to choose between flexibility for our marketeers or full control of the code in our e-mails.

We created several custom modules for our e-mails. One of the modules we created shows a different e-mail on mobile. Media queries can only exist in the `<head>` of an e-mail to be compatible in as much clients as possible. But when we use the above e-mail type, we can not store that style tag anywhere.
So if possible, we would like to be able to create our own D&D templates for e-mail OR have a setting in every e-mail (maybe in the 'advanced' section) where we can store custom code in the head. This way we can achieve much more with the e-mails created through HubSpot.

HubSpot Updates
In Planning
May 23, 2023 07:02 AM

Hi folks! 

I’m Mícheál, the Associate Product Manager of the Marketing Email tool, and I'm happy to report that this Idea is now In Planning! Our team is actively researching and scoping out a solution for Drag and Drop areas in custom email templates. 

The product development process is underway and we're hoping to deliver this feature as soon as possible. If you are interested in paricipating in the alpha/private beta period for this feature, please fill out this form or send me a message and we can set up some time to chat.

All updates will be relayed on this thread, so stay tuned!

Best,

Mícheál

4 Replies
John
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

I'd even settle for ready-made classes that devs can leverage like hide-phone or hide-desktop.

mii
Contributor | Platinum Partner
Contributor | Platinum Partner

mii too, some usefull ready-made classes would be great, like align-center-phone.

ndwilliams3
Key Advisor

I wish the same CMS Theme, DND and module functionality existed for email as well. Experiencing the same issue having to choose flexibility or control.

Mícheál
HubSpot Product Team

Hi folks! 

I’m Mícheál, the Associate Product Manager of the Marketing Email tool, and I'm happy to report that this Idea is now In Planning! Our team is actively researching and scoping out a solution for Drag and Drop areas in custom email templates. 

The product development process is underway and we're hoping to deliver this feature as soon as possible. If you are interested in paricipating in the alpha/private beta period for this feature, please fill out this form or send me a message and we can set up some time to chat.

All updates will be relayed on this thread, so stay tuned!

Best,

Mícheál