HubSpot Ideas

MCarto-SI

Add a number of days to a date property in Workflow

Hello,

My particular need : I would like to be able to add 7 days to a date property (Deal property) in a contact based Workflow first activated by a form submission.

Today, in the choices, it's only possible to put the current date on a property, or to insert a waiting step of 7 days to finally change the date.

In my case, I need that the change on the property date happens now.

8 Replies
shulcher

We have the exact need!

CGeorge7
Participant

We do too!  We are trying to project revenue in each month.

HChim

Has anyone solved this?

NNottleman
Participant

Same.  We'd actually like to have a test in our workflows.  If close date is < [days] then set close date to [number of days from now based on stage they were just put in].  We have a long sales cycle, and as with sales, we have clients that take longer than others.  If our default in place is 124 days when deal is created, we'd also like to adjust along the way.  They may "stick" in a stage longer than normal, but when they do move, we'd like to reset to number of days we'd expect from that stage to close.  Not too worried about push statistics as much as forecasting.

LizO
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

I have 2 use cases so far: 

One Client requires sales to track the date of the PO but that is about a 3 week lead time to marking it won.  So I wanted to set close date to 21 days after PO date property and update each time the source date property is updated.  This makes finance happy without asking Sales to do the work.  

Second Client has 5-9 year contracts.  We wanted to calculate expiration date with a known start date and add X years or months.  

LizO

Update here for the group: Hubspot has delivered this as part of the functionality of Ops Hub.  The real ask here is to open up some minimal functonality to the lower tiers PLEASE

Below is MCarto-SI use case. 

LizO_0-1696985466663.png

MCarto-SI

Thank you LizO for the detailed feedback 👌

So need to subscribe more again to Ops Hub just for this ... 

LizO

SOLUTION!

You can do these simple add time to a date property actions with calculated properties.  I dug into the knowledge base today and found that you have to add in milliseconds💡 So, for all of us out there trying to add some 1 day to multiple year duration to date we were coming back with the same date because there are 86410958.9 milliseconds in 1 day.  Once I adjusted my formulas to milliseconds I'm getting an accurate calculated property!

This is my add 21 days to PO Date for close date example.  This is possible with calculated properties for those of us with Professional or Enterprise and NO Ops Hub. 

LizO_0-1705499301930.png