HubSpot Ideas

PatrickEng

Add a Message Delay Option for Bots (like Workflow Delays)

We've recently begun venturing into the bot-space and are wondering if HubSpot is working on an additional Bot action for delaying messages. I know that we can do message delays in the Settings tab, but that feels very restricting. It would be awesome if we could add custom delays between each message on a case-by-case basis, just like what we can do within the Workflows tool.

41 Kommentare
claudia_vesta
Teilnehmer/-in

Yes, please. 🙏

TFMsupport
Mitglied

Yes please, it needs addressing!

COOKIES
Mitglied | Partner

Yes please. We need this!

donrua
Stratege/Strategin

We need a delay. Chatbots are supposed to fit with conversation flow, as close to human as possible. We need to not hammer them with thenext message bubble shot out of a cannon right after the previous sentence/answer.

Kate_Travels
Mitglied

We need this so bad!! HubSpots chat bots are a great feature, but they are abysmal for our corporate website while they are urgently dropping all the messages at once. We may have to cut them altogether until this functionality is solved.

RacheleCom
Mitglied

Yes, yes! We would especially love something like an if/then branch: "Wait X seconds/minutes. If no reply, close chat. If reply, proceed with another action."

SaaSSolutions
Teilnehmer/-in | Diamond Partner

This would be a huge help! 

QBoyer
Mitglied

Same. especially if used with the chatbot feature.

This would help redirect the customers attention to the tab with the chat that is hiding between the 100 other tabs. 🙂

PClarke
Mitglied

Yes this would be very useful, allow follow up questions to be asked after the user has had a chance to view any links sent in previous messages

PClarke
Mitglied

Please add this feature, currently if you send any message/series of messages that exceeds the height of the chatbot window you force the user to have to scroll up to find the first message they haven't yet read, really not great experience for the user.

@hubspot  this is the same as HubSpot Community - Add a custom delay time as action for chatflows - HubSpot Community

PClarke
Mitglied

@ATinius please could you merge this idea with https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Add-a-custom-delay-time-as-action-for-chatflows/idi-p... I believe they are the same idea

ATinius
HubSpot-Moderator/-in

Hi everyone! I'm merging this idea (Add a custom delay time as action for chatflows) with another, similar idea so that we can keep an accurate count of upvotes and keep the conversation consolidated. Everything will transfer over, including upvotes!

Amevian
Teilnehmer/-in

Upvote from me on this, please.

Sujay
Mitglied

I think this is an idea which HS need to consider. It cannot be that hard to implement considering the process already exists in WFs. 

I hope they add this soon. 

wicara
Teilnehmer/-in

This seems like something fundamental that shouldn't have to be suggested 

dspsolves
Mitglied

This would be really great. Here's a use case.

We have a chatflow set up where we offer certain links to check out like our external status page or our video help center then we ask whether it helped or not. But as there is no delay in between, the users are almost always inclined towards saying "no" and the conversation is routed to our team.

SGaweł
Mitglied

Such a small change but would make such a huge difference and improve the user experience so much.

We really need it!

HBoyle
Mitglied

Please add this!

AngelaBC
Mitglied

I would love this to be included.

We are recieving people entering their question and first name together in the chatflow and as a result their question is being populated in HS as their first name

Message action 5 :

"Unfortunately, our team is unavailable at this time.

Please leave details about your enquiry below and we will get back to you as soon as possible."

action 6 : Get your name

"Can we please start with your name" > populate Contact Name

TGreenhood
Mitglied

Absolutely needed!  The ability to customize the delay after certain questions rather than one single delay applied to all messages makes perfect sense and is something my team would definitely benefit from.