HubSpot Ideas

lnoel

Add a comment to a note/email

It would be great to be able to add a comment to a note or an email that has been entered earlier. To create a note and comment chain.

I currently use HighRise CRM and one feature I use every day is adding comments to notes or emails in a company ou contact timeline. That way I have all the info about one subject in a "discussion" or in a series of notes instead of having to jump from one note to another with tasks and calls in between.

Thanks!

Luc Noël

44 Kommentare
elkin
Teilnehmer/-in

This would definitely be a great and useful feature.  Most of the times, if not all, the sales team needs to interact internally about a client, before touching base with the client.  This is especially the case for new sales people / training.  Zendesk has a nice inbox tool that they launched not too long ago and it works very well with internal notes.

firstinflight
Mitglied

Yes, please. It is startling to me that a CRM doesn't have this functionality. We interact about notes/emails all the time.

TheeRichard
Mitglied | Partner

Yes, it's definitely a feature WE MUST HAVE!

We used Salesforce before and seen many other CRMs. We should be able to comment on notes.

We often discuss quotes and project details but without a real conversation we always open/start a brand new note that is not connected to the previous message.

TheeRichard
Mitglied | Partner

Beside contacts and companies, it would be also usefull to be able to comment on deals, tasks, emails, files, etc.

I don't think we need to create a project management tool but it's a MUST to be able to have conversations with team members about our projects and sales opportunities.

It would be also nice to be able to send a note about a poorly written email or give kuddos for people who wrote nice emails to clients.

rdelory
Mitglied | Partner

Got to agree. Nowadays, everything has the capability of having a thread. This is a frustration, especially for sales people.

GregoryBurke
Mitglied | Partner

It seems like a logical thing to be able to do, and it would be a very useful feature.

firstinflight
Mitglied

I'm wondering if there's any progress on this...it is the sole feature missing that is stopping us from adopting HubSpot.

MichaeleHowe
Teilnehmer/-in

I agree with the above points. I've just hunted through the thirdparty applications and there is no way for this to happen. We really need this or a team chat functionality so dicussions can happen relating to the notes, tasks and what needs to happen next.

gilesmoore200
Mitglied

I agree with the points made above, this is a current frustration for us and would be a very welcome new feature to save a lot of hassle. 

gabbietardive
Mitglied | Partner

Yes please! It's a huge impediment to not be able to have threaded commenting. Would be awesome to have a reply to feature to add to the rest of the things I love about HubSpot!

gabbietardive
Mitglied | Partner

Maybe it could be optional like in the blog commenting available, as described in this article. That way if not all users would use or even want this feature, they don't have to "turn it on":

https://blog.hubspot.com/customers/how-to-use-threaded-comments-on-your-blog

spriel
Mitglied

Yes please! Having the ability to add comments and see thread commenting would be a huge improvement.

TheeChris
Mitglied

Plus one for this feature!

kerigio
Mitglied | Partner

Yes, we really need this feature. Thanks!

Keri Giordano

SharonDawson
Mitglied

Being able to comment on notes and emails would really make things much easier for my team. How can we make this happen?

Nico_Steenkiste
Teilnehmer/-in

Good news everyone!  I noticed  this at a customer with the "free version": A comment feature is available in "Conversations"Screenshot 2019-05-29 at 07.06.29.png
I do not have it our "Professional version" though.  I will be checking with support.

gabbietardive
Mitglied | Partner

@Nico_Steenkiste that's AWESOME! I hope they make it available in our Pro version, it's a must have! 🙂 Great find!

Nico_Steenkiste
Teilnehmer/-in

Hi everyone, I just got the reply below from HubSpot Support: 

" I reached out to the product team and they advised me that this feature isn't live just yet. I believe it was available for a short while as beta for a small number of accounts but our team removed it as they continue working on it before releasing it to all users."

So it seems the feature is soon to be released and was being beta tested at some customer instances,  but not available yet for everyone....

laurae
Teilnehmer/-in

The commenting on a note feature is a must have feature. When someone creates a note and tags me in it with a question, there's no easy or clear way to respond apart from editing the existing note. 

MichaeleHowe
Teilnehmer/-in

Its such a shame that this hasn't been released yet - Especally knowing they have seemingly built a version of the feature.

I would definately be up for using it even if its buggy!