HubSpot Ideas

lnoel

Add a comment to a note/email

It would be great to be able to add a comment to a note or an email that has been entered earlier. To create a note and comment chain.

I currently use HighRise CRM and one feature I use every day is adding comments to notes or emails in a company ou contact timeline. That way I have all the info about one subject in a "discussion" or in a series of notes instead of having to jump from one note to another with tasks and calls in between.

Thanks!

Luc Noël

44 Kommentare
laurae
Teilnehmer/-in

We'd be up for testing this in beta! 

TheeRichard
Mitglied | Partner

We have been waiting for this for over a year.

lmcmullen
Mitglied

Huge +1 on this. HS admins would be able to 'bump' or follow-up on notes/tasks/emails in particular rather than just creating new tasks. Would remove clutter and streamline workflow.

TheeRichard
Mitglied | Partner

I heard it was already in beta months ago and some companies have this feature. How can we became a beta tester and when is it expected to roll out for everyone?

Kathryn
Teilnehmer/-in

Agreed. Right now, we just edit the comment and tag the other person, but it gets confusing.

Anonymous
Nicht anwendbar

As of today, you can now comment on any note, meeting, call or logged activity. It is not possible to comment on an email or task activity at this time. The team is looking in to adding this functionality to tasks.

MichaeleHowe
Teilnehmer/-in

Thanks @Anonymous - Better late than never 🙂 I've only just seen this has been added.

ione
Mitglied

Please update us when this is available for Beta as we really need this tool.

Anonymous
Nicht anwendbar

@ione commenting on a note, call, or logged activity is live to all users! This Knowledge Doc has more info on how you can use comminting in your portal.

lmcmullen
Mitglied

YES! Thanks Kevin! This is great 😉 

alguil
Teilnehmer/-in

@Anonymous is it planned to add a comment in an email which is not recorded (such as the feature for calls which is already live, see picture attached) ?

call with a comment sectioncall with a comment sectionemail without a comment sectionemail without a comment section

Anonymous
Nicht anwendbar

Hi @alguil! We don't currently have plans to add comments to emails but I would be curious to hear more about how you and your team might use that function in practice.

alguil
Teilnehmer/-in

Hello @Anonymous ! Well, we would use it in practice to be able to add some history about all contacts, whether it is a phone call or an email from a customer.

Basically, if a customer calls and tells me that he already spoke to someone earlier, I do not need to hear all the previous call to understand what the customer issue is. A comment section with a short note from the previous agent (awaiting customer quote, pending issue regarding a refund etc..) would enable to have a quick visibility on what has been said before.

The same thing applies for an email, where an agent would not have to review all previous email conversations to understand the issue.

Please let me know if you need more information about that.

Anonymous
Nicht anwendbar

@alguil I see! So it would give your team the ability to leave a short recap on the interaction below the full correspondence so other team members could quickly get up to speed without reading through the call notes or email exchange in its entirety. That is really helpful to know.

Would you say the issue mainly stems from difficulty working with the email history in the tool or just that it is unecessary to have to read through all of the correspondence to get up to speed?

alguil
Teilnehmer/-in

@Anonymous, I would say that it is uncessary to have to readh through all of the correspondence to get up to speed !

KlausM
Mitglied

Hi @Anonymous , to comment on an email of a contact would extremely support our workflow to inform team members. 

1. The customer sends me an important email with the information I need to share with my team members. Instead of copy & paste into a note and I would just add a comment with the user I like to inform about the email content. 
  2. We have many cases where we discuss the email content of a contact. At the moment, we discuss separately and if we need to reply to the customer we have to scroll and search for the initial email. To follow the discussion, the outcome and the initial information it would be great to have it in one place. To comment on an email would be the best workflow to be more efficient.
GMarks
Teilnehmer/-in

This would be a really useful feature for our support team as often the issues that arise can include a long thread of email information. Being able to add a comment to it, allows us to easily summarize the data without needing to reopen and review all of the messages.

It's great that this feature is available for other activities, but adding a comment to an email (or possibly an email thread) would be amazing!

FePf
Mitglied

@Anonymous  is there any update on the comment feature for emails?

We would greatly appreciate this feature since our main channel for customer communication is email.

Anonymous
Nicht anwendbar

@FePf thanks for checking in on this! At this time, the team is focused on a few other priorities so we don't currently have any plan for adding commenting on emails. We will be sure to notify you all if this chnages on our end though!

OCogan
Mitglied

It would be a hugely valuabel feature to be able to comment on emails in Deals or just anywhere you see an email. It is really outmoded not being able to do this. HubSpot you have already got the tool built to do this as you aloow for it to happen on the Live Chat inbox. The exact same rationale for commenting existing there, in Live Chat, exists for it be on email.

To the point where I was looking for somewhere I coudl leave a comment and tag a friend. You simply need to add the same thing that you already have in Inbox for LiveChat, or something similar.

I just wanted to tag someone a colleague in a comment on an email rather than fwd him the email, as this is slower. Surely you want people staying in the HubSpot UI as much as possible and this would really speed up collaboration. Come on HubSpot, this is a no braner and easy to do.

Thanks.