HubSpot Ideas

PatrickEng

Add a Message Delay Option for Bots (like Workflow Delays)

We've recently begun venturing into the bot-space and are wondering if HubSpot is working on an additional Bot action for delaying messages. I know that we can do message delays in the Settings tab, but that feels very restricting. It would be awesome if we could add custom delays between each message on a case-by-case basis, just like what we can do within the Workflows tool.

41 Replies
siku1237

I agree. It'd be nice if HubSpot can implement this feature.

rasta3985

Pllllllleeeeeeease!

ColinB
Participant

Same - I want to be able to ask visitors to take an action, pause for 15 seconds, then send another message.

AngelaHengsberg
Participant | Partner

any updates here? My chat bot is shouting out several messages at the same time. this is not what I want. a delay would be great. 

thx, angela.

gentrydc

This seems like a quick win to improve chatbot builder functionality.  It is currently very minimal what you can do without the option to add a delay.  PLease update on where this is at?

Zhariff

agreed! please please add

donnie721

We need the ability to chose the amount of time to delay in between messages. The user exerience is terrible otherwise. The reader can not finish the first message before they are bombarded with any of the following messages. Seems like a no brainer if your intention is to offer a tenable chatbot solution to your clients.

ds_vn

The delay between messages isn't long enough by default for the bot to appear 'human'.

It would be really useful to add a X second delay between messages as an action.

mikehutchinson
Participant

With more than a year of people asking for this simple functionality, why has it not been addressed?

DiegoCisneros
Participant

It would be very useful if you add this functionality.

BriePen

This is a critical feature. Please add! 

JGamarra

I completely agree!

EW

Hi there.  This is not a reply to help but rather to support the develpment of such a feature, as I'd like to be able to include it  too.  Can someone please, please take this to the discussion table and have it added to this awesome tool.

Thank you 🙂

EW

Sorry,  I should probably share what I had originally asked the support team.  Here it is below:

Wanting a time delay between messages

Is it possible to insert a time delay (say 1 minute) into a chatflow, before sending the next message? I want to allow a minute or 2 for a team member to respond, however if there is no response. I 'then' want to send the follow up message.
maurices2

Want this too!

AVO

This is definitely a needed feature!

HViv

We'd need that to here, please 🙂 

arthi1912

We need this as well. As soon as the chatflow has asked if they are a customer or not, it goes straight to 'we are directing you to the appropriate party' without anytime for the person monitoring the inbox to respond or look up their info in our CRM.

JTrader
Participant

I agree that this would be a helpful feature to add, set up in the same way that you can add a time delay when building a workflow.

FirepotCAtkins

Yes please!!!  I echo everyone.  This is a simple and needed feature.