HubSpot Ideas

lsahagian

Add Social Tools to Mobile App

I have talked to a few users about being able to access social publishing/scheduling tools while on the go.  This could incredibly useful for trade events, in order to centralise all of the social posts, and possibly launch campaigns on the go.

118 Replies
AshSolidatus

How is this progressing? I think this is a great idea and very much needed

DWM

The concept of Social Publishing is so often at the event, in the action, with a larger community.  

In a prioritized list - If all you did is the first it would be a great start.

1.  We really need to Publish social posts from our IOS devices

2.  It would be great to schedule social posts in the single account.

3.  Scheduling the "reTweets" from other social accounts in our account.

4.  Clone posts

5.  See the activity and reports

ellierdz
Contributor

This is kind of a basic urgent functionality as it is a bit painful to still have jump into all the different platforms to answer comments if you can also add the ADS comments will be the best! 

jago
Contributor

Absolutely. I'm shocked that this isn't an option with Hubspot. With so many social media managers being on call 24/7 and needing access from any device, including mobile devices, this type of scheduler seems like a no-brainer. For a company that is such a leader in so many aspects of marketing, Hubspot is lacking in so many others, particularly when it comes to social media. Can we please know if this is on a roadmap right now? 

Mwaterbury

Hubspot Mobile App needs to directly reflect the web/desktop version. Since it has features for Social Media support and other integrations that can be added it really needs to be in sync. Please add in the Social Media support tools on the Mobile App for Hubspot. I was initially really happy to know Hubspot had these features and that there was an app for it, but soon found out it does not reflect the same functions as the web/desktop version.

mikeraia
Participant

I disagree slightly on the need to "directly reflect the web/desktop version." There are some things that only make sense on the desktop because of the form factor. For instance, I don't know if we should expect to be building reports on the app. However, common tasks should absolutely be available. In addition, tasks that lend themselves to the mobile experience should be there like posting to social from a tradeshow. That just makes sense.

I am also annoyed that the app has gone so far toward Sales and away from Marketers. I know this was a conscious decision and I'm not sure why both Marketers and Salespeople couldn't win. A separate app would have been fine if it was too much to cram into one.

My business developers love the app and use it all day, which has made them more productive. However, I hardly use it anymore.

dberberet_HD

I think it would be a great feature if you allowed the ability to publish to multiple social media platforms directly from the mobile app. As opposed to just capturing analytics from your mobile device, the ability to publish too all platforms with one click within the app (much like the online social tool).

mprince1

I inquired about this feature today and the customer service representative showed me this conversation. Still not happening I see. I find it incredible that this kind of feature is not activated yet. I miss out on opportunities when I see something on my phone I want to share or plan. 

amberleemaya
Contributor

This would be so valuable. I see this idea is 3 years old. Is it still on the radar?

Ucidity
Member | Partner

I completely agree. I used to use Zoho and Hootsuite and they both had apps. It allowed for us to quickly respond when issues arise and a post didn't go through for some unknown reason. 

viktoriyacaneva

@Daria any update on this tool? I tried the social poster yesterday and then realized I needed to make edits on-the-go and saw no option to do so in the app. The browser view when it comes to actually editing something is pretty bad, so what is the status on this? 

jbertini
Participant

I would love to be able to create, publish, and schedule social media posts from the HubSpot mobile app. It just makes sense to have this feature available for today's on-the-go marketing. I post multiple times a day to multiple social media channels on behalf of my association. Having access at my fingertips would be very helpful.

JoeMayall
HubSpot Alumni

Hi everyone,

I've been in touch with the Product team about this Idea.

At this time there are no plans to develop this Idea. This is not to say that this idea will never be developed, just that there are no plans to do so at this time. Feel free to continue to leave your feedback on this thread.

Best,

Joe

Ideas Forum Manager

amberleemaya
Contributor

That is sad news that there are no plans to develop this idea. To me it would make so much sense to be able to post on the go. It is a mobile app - and social media is a very mobile platform. Plus, I have my stores post to their location pages - right now they have to take the picture on their phone and email it to themselves so they can get it on the computer and then post from the HubSpot webpage. It is a lot of extra work which means my stores don't post as often. 

CTreadwell
Participant

We need the ability to schedule, post, manage and reply for social media content on the go. Please prioritize this. 

SocialMeg

I can't believe that this isn't a function of HubSpot. As an organisation that spends lots of time on the road, please accelerate the development of this!

BBloomquist
Participant

This is the only big thing I miss about Hootsuite

KHeilmann

Ditto to many of the above comments.  I am a returning Hubspot user after many years and a few jobs, and was disappointed to find out that I can no longer post social media content from the mobile app.  I recall (but cannot say with 100% certainty) that I could do that when I used it many years ago.  I am really happy with Hubspot 2021 with the exception of this so far.  Now I need a third-party app to simplify social posting when on the go.

pheffernanvt
Member | Partner

You are 100% correct @KHeilmann. Years ago we were able to use the mobile app for social posting on the go. 

IMHO, the HubSpot platform is capable, and constantly improving, in every area BUT social media management. In addition to the lack of a mobile app, the browser/portal social component is extremely weak. We pay dearly for another service in order to handle the basics for ourselves and clients. Sigh.

djc225

Makes the social module pointless. Now I have to pay for another app to do what Hubspot desktop does because most of my scheduling or adding tweets to my feed are random thoughts. So now I need to use Hootsuite or buffer and pay for another tool.