HubSpot Ideas

lsahagian

Add Social Tools to Mobile App

I have talked to a few users about being able to access social publishing/scheduling tools while on the go.  This could incredibly useful for trade events, in order to centralise all of the social posts, and possibly launch campaigns on the go.

118 Kommentare
eoswald
Teilnehmer/-in

any update on this?

Alysha_TW
Stratege/Strategin | Platinum Partner

It be great to have an update on this! 🙂

Amoore6
Teilnehmer/-in | Platinum Partner

This feature needs to be added back into the app as event publishing is very important on social. The previous app was more than sufficient.

ajlacefield
Mitglied

Honestly, you needed this app like yesterday (3 years ago). It really hinders my reporting that I have when I am on site and can only use my phone to post to social media sites. My top 5 posts from this year were not posted through Hubspot. This is really disappointing. 

Also, the Hubspot app is worthless -- my company pays a lot of money for innovation and top-tier technology and we can't even get an app that allows us to do the simplest of things that other apps allow me to do for FREE (i.e. Buffer). 

Every single call I have with someone from Hubspot I mention this problem. I will continue to mention and tweet and comment on this problem until it is fixed. 

Also, please allow multiple photos to be posted to social accounts. 

pheffernanvt
Mitglied | Partner

Ditto what ajlacefield just said. Another unhappy camper here.

I started this thread because as a partner agency I was mortified to have to tell clients that HubSpot no longer had mobile social publishing capability -- so we had to set clients up on our Hootsuite Enterprise account or Buffer for their trade shows, as well as the Inbound conference itself.

At least you used to be able to use a bit.ly account to shorten links so there was some aggregated reporting across platforms -- but I just found out recently HubSpot no longer recognizes Bit.ly? [Support has not yet responded to my question about this.]

The lack of this basic social media functionality is a major FAIL for HubSpot.

Paula
Teilnehmer/-in | Partner

Is anyone from HubSpot even here any longer? Over a year later and still haven't brought back a function they already had operational suggests no.

A little update would be fair at this point - something to indicate we're not just shouting into the wind. A quick, "No problem, guys. We're on it. Go back to work, chill out, and wait for the announcement which should be coming directly." .... or simply, "Yeah, we're not doing this." ..................... 🌪 

Daria
HubSpot-Produktteam

Hi!

You're definitely not shouting into the wind - we are paying attention to this thread! 

Lots of transparency here: this isn't on our near term priority list... but the PMs have been talking about prioritizing at some point.  

Help us start building out the requirements for this feature by emailing me what features you want in mobile and times that you're available to chat. dmarmer @ is my email handle.

Thanks!

Daria

pheffernanvt
Mitglied | Partner

Hi Daria,

Thank you for jumping in for the HubSpot product team. Unfortunately the Google Form you posted so we could help prioritizing features returns an error message that it can only be viewed within your organization -- and advises contacting the form owner.

Until some other way to send feedback is available,  it would be helpful to know who we can contact to discuss the PMs criteria for priority setting. We have been told for more than a year now that re-enstating social on the mobile app is 'not a priority.' I, for one, firmly believe that using a standard new product/feature priority setting process is not appropriate in this instance. 

This is not an issue of optimizing resources for whatever whizbang thing can be added to the feaure set at an additional cost -- HubSpot took away a basic functionality. The app is broken and needs to be fixed.  The current HubSpot mantra is Customer Service and your customers are unhappy. How is that not a "near term priority"?

Daria
HubSpot-Produktteam

Yep 🙂 I messed up with the google form. 

Help us start building out the requirements for this feature by emailing me what features you want in mobile and times that you're available to chat. dmarmer @ is my email handle.

Chris_Canepa
Mitglied

Hey @Daria !

I will help you build out the requirements for this Smiley (fröhlich).

I think having the ability to post to social media through a mobile app is huge. 

Where can I get a link to the form?

Thank you,

Chris

cp31
Teilnehmer/-in

Guys,

Sorry, but I really don't understand where this is going or why.  Why do we need to come up with requirements?  This all used to exist in the old mobile app.  Just take that and merge it in to the existing app.  You should even have that code.  As a developer myself, I don't think it's oversimplifying things to say this.  This shouldn't be that big of a deal.  You already built this, tested it, and deployed it.  You just failed to add it back in to the new app when you replaced the old app with the new L&F.

So, can we get Hubspot to acknowledge this and add it back in?  It seems absurd to me that we're even having a discussion about adding social posting to an inbound platform of the level of Hubspot.  Can we get a commitment to have this integrated back in by the end of Q3?

Please!!!!

Craig

eoswald
Teilnehmer/-in

I actually spoke with the app team about this back in February. He gave me a little history on the issue but the recommendation to use hubspot.com on mobile, for the time being, is not helpful, especially because it the site does not have very good UI or UX on mobile. 

Hubspot_App1.jpg

when asked what the recommended solution was in the meantime
IMG_5170.PNG

mvalin
Teilnehmer/-in

I was really surprised to see that I could not post on social for my company when away from my laptop. This is really essential at events or for those unexpected opportunities when social is really meaningful. Is there a reason you can do email and blogs but not social? That leaves our a significant channel in a campaign.

eoswald
Teilnehmer/-in

@mvalin you can not do anything from a marketing standpoint from the app. All it is a really basic dashboard. You cannot create any content, blogs, emails or social posts from the app. This is one of my biggest frustrations with HubSpot. A system that is supposed to be the Hub of everything, which started as a marketing platform, that is supposed to make my job easier, requires me to look to other applications to do this seemingly basic feature like post on social media from my phone. And then we find out thanks to @Daria that this is not even (back) on their to-do list yet.

RD24By7
Teilnehmer/-in

Social media publishing from the mobile app is an absolutely necessary feature these days, with full functionality available on the web app. I am a new Hubspot customer and actually find it hard to believe that this functionality does not already exist in the Hubspot mobile app. With so much business activity taking place on the go these days, and social media publishing needing to be very timely, this functionality is crucial, and I hope the Hubspot product team will implement this in 2018. 

eoswald
Teilnehmer/-in

Another important feature that is missing from Hubspot dealing with Social Posts (especially if you are managing a team) is being able to approve social posts before they are published. I would encourage everyone to upvote the idea published here

gienneriordan
Mitglied

Hi guys,

I use Hubspot a lot to post blogs/articles and social media posts. However I would LOVE to be able to post to social media via the mobile hubspot app. Which is not possible now. If you guys can arrange that, it would be really great!

Also, maybe you guys can change the size/file limit on Instagram? It is 4MB now. So I cant upload 4MB pictures via the Hubspot Instagram posting tool. But if I go directly to Instagram it is not a problem. Same goes for the width and height of the pictures!

Thanks!

Gienne

jpalubicki
Mitglied

This has been a highly requested application for years.  How is this not a top priority for Hubspot's development team?  Is there any timeline on when this feature will be added?

Hg1
Mitglied

Just FYI... i use Hubspot much less since the mobile app was disconintued.  The mobile app kept us engaged with Hubspot.  It makes Hubspot much more useable with the ability to post to social media accounts using already made content from landing pages and blog from mobile devices.    Not sure why the mobile app was discontinued.   Extremely odd.  It worked.  Maybe some IP infringement?   There has been no clear guidance from Hubspot or timeline which is also odd.  The replacement app does not have much utility IMO.  It was a strange replacement.  Usually the replacement app is an upgrade.  Thanks for reading.

Alessandra
Mitglied

Is there any update on if/when this function will/would be available for either the mobile app, or the mobile site? Having the option to schedule posts on the go is honestly something I’d find incredibly useful. Not having the option to either via mobile app or mobile browser is something that is a serious con for HubSpot. It would be so great to be able to do this via mobile app, but I’d be happy with even just the ability to do this via mobile web browser. 

Frankly, I’m quite confused as to why this hasn’t ever been an option before. I figure adding this ability to the mobile app would be probably quite difficult and/or tedious, which is why I assume the ability to schedule social posts wasn’t ever added as a feature to the mobile app, but as for the mobile site, frankly I’m quite confused as to why I can’t just have an option for “desktop version” to be able to access and schedule/post social content on the go.

the lack of this is incredibly frustrating as a user/customer of HubSpot, and lacking the ability to access/schedule/post social content on the go is something significant enough to me that it does make me want to look at switching from HubSpot to a competitor.

i hope this is something that’s still being considered, or is currently being worked on to hopefully be available soon.

HubSpot has some great capabilities that truly make you stand out from the rest out there, which is why I decided to become a HubSpot customer, but as I said, the lack of being able to access social on the go is a masssive hinderance for me at times when I need to work on the go, but can’t.

Im eager to get an update regarding this. I look forward to hear back from the HubSpot team with this.