HubSpot Ideas

mitchellkp

Add Next XXX days to filter

We have a Contract End Date property on companies. I need a way to Filter to show companies with an expiration date in next xx days/quarters. There are a currently a number of Last X days options, but not future ones, other than week, month, year? The “This year” option works now, but not as we creep further into the year. It needs to be:

• rolling
  • customizable or have a few options like next quarter, next year

This filter would be useful for any date property, not just a Company one.

18 Replies
cduffy
Participant | Elite Partner

Holy cow this would be SO helpful. For saves filters on the object level, but also for reporting filters!!

DevinRZC_DM
Participant

We would definitely use the heck out of this feature! I've been trying to "hack" it but it would be nice to just be able to have this filter.

Mike_d_s
Participant

Upvoting this one: 

I had a similar post in dashboarding, but i'll copy it in here instead of starting a new idea.

As the delivery guy tasked with actually making all the deals happen, I spend a lot of time looking at the deals with close dates in the next 30 or 60 days (and we use a custom parameter for project start date which I also filter on).  

The current "is" filter for dates has a whole lot of options for 'Last X days', but no options for Next X days.  For me this means manually updating the filter date ranges to keep my saved filters up to date.  

I would like to see a set of 'Next X days' filter options to match the existing last X days options that exist.  Since a lot of my planning looks out 60 to 90 days, the existing this/next month, this/next quarter are pretty much unusable as I work typically on a forward looking rolling basis.

Additionally, this also means I can't always share these reports to team dashboards since they will sometimes be out of date, which limits the ability to collaborate around the delivery focused dashboards.

Come on Hubspot team, make it happen!

spacheco
Participant

This would be incredibly helpful.  Hard to understand why only Last X days is available and not Next X days.

louischausse
Key Advisor | Platinum Partner

We definitely need this!

If not custom number of days, we need at least the same options then the "Last XX days" already rolled out.

Thanks.

CJenson

Dissapointing how long this is taking to roll out.  The coding should be almost the same as for LAST 60, LAST 90, LAST 6 months, Last 365 days.  We just need this for future dates.  Please expedite this request as the purpose of the CRM is future revenue!

Would also be nice if you could set a Custom # of days for the LAST and FUTURE but at least roll out the standards that you have on LAST for FUTURE.

Thanks

louischausse

this feature is still much needed but here's a workaround:

Step 1 - Create a single checkbox property for the object you want to filter (deal or ticket) and name it somthing like "To [ACTION] in XX days" (ie "To renew in 90 days")

Step 2 - Create a workflow like this:

Screenshot 2020-02-10 at 3.57.21 PM.png

Step 3 - you can now create a filter or list or whatever you want using this property

hope that helps! 

rlagasse

I don't see the workaround option outlined by @louischausse  . Close date "is less than" isn't an option for me to select. Forecasting is the most basic function of sales. New to Hubspot but not sure why next 30, 60, 90 isn't an option for dates.

louischausse

@rlagasse 

Do you have Sales Hub Pro?

Did you try to create a deal based workflow?

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/workflows/create-company-deal-ticket-quote-based-workflows

You should see the Close date "is less than" option in the enrolling criteria.

orianef
Participant

Hi, any news on this ? 

FlorianM

Agreed! I would also love a "Next XX Days" option.

Wack

Essential - i'm having to manually re-enter a date for a dashboard everytime to track deals happening in next XXX days. 

like the workaround Louis

JFo

HubSpot already has these options for 'past' why wouldn't you inlcude the same options for 'next'? 

This is a no brainer, it's like someone forgot to add them in the first time. 

Make it happen.

MStephenson
Participant

There is another request for this which has been outstanding for 3 years. Perhaps also go here and upvote 

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Future-Rolling-Date-Range/idc-p/433743#M81756 

VZak

This is so painful - I now have a dashboard with reports showing the SAME information for current month, the next month and the next quarter.  and at any given time these are overlapping and repetitive OR they skip a month between next month and next full quarter.  This is literally so easy to do and fixes a major hole.

jj12stars
Contributor

I need to see what jobs are due in the next seven days so in my custom object I always have to open the filter, check the option for "before x date" to see what is coming up. Tomorrow is good, next week is good, but there could be several days in between those two options. Please!

NicoleT
Contributor

Honestly, such a basic filter option Hubspot is missing. We need a rolling 30, 60, 90 of close dates view in our pipeline so our operations team knows what is closing. Cant believe this doesn't exist.

ovictoria

Looking to create a list of soon te be closing deals and stumbled upon this thread. 

View filters are no option, but lists are equipped with future filters and started fiddling around with those. 
Filtering companies with associated deals in dynamic list, closing in the upcoming 28 days at least gives me the accounts to discuss.
The list itself can be used in other (view) filters. 

ovictoria_0-1657198367176.png

Hope this helps.