HubSpot Ideas

hollyearly

Add Meeting Duration into a report that's visible to users

Ideally, we'd like to be able to see the amount of time users are spending in logged meetings throughout the day. At this point, the only way to find out those time it's to physically click into each meeting.

It would be very convenient and beneficial if the duration would show up just like it does for call durations.

40 Replies
bethanyp

Yes PLEASE! It looks like we can pull in call duration (I imagine from calls made through a HubSpot phone integration) but the property for Meeting Duration is MIA in reporting. 

msemenzato

I agree 100% with this request. Meeting Duration is MIA in reporting but it would be fundamental for me.  I hope this problem will be solved in the next release of HubSpot

valentine1

Hello, 

Yes agree 100% with this request. Fundamental to measure sales efficiency and have accurate reporting. Today we need to work on estimation. 

Hope it will be solved quickly ! 

Thanks

ivasono

this is super important in order to be able to invoice customers fr our time

hannahflat
Contributor

This seems like a no brainer! We want to see how many hours a month our sales reps are spending in meetings.

JBednarz

That's werid that we can submit but we are not able to pass or filter with it. Meeting duration is the must for Sales and AM analysis. I hope it will be added soon.

David739
Participant

This feature is needed. Its one thing being able to see how many meetings are happening. Its quite another to be able to understand how many hours are spent on meetings and out of these hours which are client facing. 

YiRui_Chua
HubSpot Employee

Hi team!

When logging meeting, we can input duration.

Meeting duration is essential for activity report, thank you!

AMonardes

This feature is higly needed. It does not make sence that we are able to log meetings duration mannually (thing that many folks do) without having any track of the total amount or any insight from it. A "meeting duration" property in reporting nor in workflows is available. Please add this soon, it will be an amazing benefit for a fair amount of users.

Log Meeting Duration HS.png

AMonardes_0-1630530738658.png

bgrupe

This will be incredibly valuable to our company - we now track this manually.  Thanks much!

1st_of_Her_Name

Yes, and...to be able to pull a report by user and by groups. ijs.

DarrenScottUK
Contributor

This is a must, this would allow to report on resource levels and engagement time with contacts. Also allows to calculate "free time" to help with sales resourcing for new leads. If we have the ability to select a duration we should be able to report on it. 

CDinitto

It's sad that this was overlooked to begin with. Seems like a pretty common sense field to track for meetings. 😞

1st_of_Her_Name
Agreed.
dbirnkrant

I left Salesforce to HubSpot and I am SO incredibly disapointed to discover this frustrating issue which is SO basic and clients have been complaining about for YEARS. Change the duration drop down in Meetings to 1 minute increments (especially for legal purposes where it's customary to mark time by 6 minutes) and add that SAME duration to the "Log a Call" so you can manually list how long calls are that happen outside of HubSpot. This should be a slam dunk for the dev team. PLEASE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

dbirnkrant

I get that it's extra development but it's SO basic. HubSpot wants to be the easier system to use for marketing and sales teams. HOW are you unable to report on duration of activities? How do you provide a field for Duration on Meetings but NOT allow it to be pulled into ANY REPORTING?! WHY would you limit your customers from logging manual time for calls? It's nuts. NUTS. Why won't you fix this? 

AMonardesr

Must agree with that comment.

It's been so long, and it is so valuable for many organizations.

Please address this soon.

dbirnkrant

HubSpot is misleading. Duration is a field customers are taking the time to fill out on meetings, but HubSpot won't allow it to pull in a report. That's insane. Why? What's the thought behind this? Why offer a field you won't let your customers report on?

rstevens
Participant

My company also desperately needs this feature. In addition, it would be nice to have an aggregated Activity Duration field that combines call duration and meeting duration (and I guess chat/conversation duration, although this isn't a feature we currently use). That way we can report on the total amount of time a salesperson is spending with various types of customers.

zaklein
Contributor | Diamond Partner

Hi all,

The following might be of interest to those here who would consider adopting a time tracking solution for their HubSpot users/teams. While it won't cover all cases described in this topic perfectly, it may be a suitable solution for some, at least until the native features are improved upon.

If you have access to custom objects in your HubSpot portal(s), you might be interested in StopWatch for HubSpot (a simple time tracking app designed to exist entirely within HubSpot). It allows you to track time against Tickets, Deals, Contacts and Companies using a "StopWatch" interface in the right sidebar on an individual record view, with the resulting "Time Logs" saved as custom object records within your HubSpot account. If you are interested, you can find the app's usage guide here.

Hope someone will find this useful. Let me know if you have any questions 🙂

All the best,

Zach