HubSpot Ideas

chris_p_lukes

Associated Marketing Events to a Campaign

Many of my clients already define many of their HubSpot Campaigns around specific events, so it would be helpful to be able to directly associate a Marketing Event with a campaign so that Registrants and Attendees would show as Influenced Contacts, etc., automatically.  This is especially helpful for cases where registration for an event would be captured outside of a HubSpot form submission (e.g., registering through EventBrite LP).

The Marketing Events beta is an exciting step, but there are a few features I'd like to see that would make it more useful.  Here's another idea someone posted that would make this new Beta feature more useful:
https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Clicking-through-to-participants-no-shows-from-Market...

6 Replies
FlywheelKinetic
Contributor | Elite Partner

We use Eventbrite to track event registration and attendance. For large events we use social media, paid ads, email and web banners on our website to promote the event and we bring all of these marketing assets together through campaign analytics tracking to measure the success of the event. These metrics are tracked in comparing event metrics year-over-year. As an example think "INBOUND 2020" compared to "INBOUND 2021" tracked under the campaign "INBOUND". It would be great to be able to tag the events from Eventbrite to the campaigns used to promote those events. Simularily we could tag Zoom or GoToWebinar events to particular campaigns. 

Sambo
Participant | Diamond Partner
Sambo
Participant | Diamond Partner
Bausbrooks
Participant

Agreed, right now there's no way to attribute an event to a marketing campaign. If the contact wasn't created by the campaign itself (either through a web form or static list) there's no way to see that attribution point on the attribution report. 

Right now we have have multiple deals that were rekindled at an event and have no way to attribute that. 

VCL001
Participant

It is indeed weird that Events cannot associated under Campaigns. We would like a themed campaign that has an overall budget, with a variety of types of tasks underneath it, including Events. Today, if I host an event, I cannot associate attendees for that event and/or tie it to the parent campaign. This is a basic need

JennyMueller
HubSpot Product Team

Hi everyone, 

Thank you for your comments. 
My name is Jenny Mueller and I'm the Product Manager of the Campaigns tool at Hubspot. 

Earlier this year, we have added 'Marketing events' to the list of asset types you can add to your campaign(s). If you've connected an integration with marketing events, you can associate these marketing events with your campaign to keep track of the event's performance and contributions to your campaign. More information can be found in the 'marketing events' section in this article. 

Additionally, you can now add more than 5 static list to your campaigns. This feature is available since this week. 

We are currently working on 'in-person Marketing Events'. We are hoping to deliver this feature early next year. Once a beta is available, I will update this post accordingly. Until this is delivered, I will leave the status of this post in 'in Planning'.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

With best regards,

Jenny Mueller