HubSpot Ideas

hroberts

Add Location to Meetings booking page

We should have the ability to add the meeting location information somewhere on the meetings booking page. Many contacts who book meetings often ask where the meeting will be held, as they don't check the event details once it's booked. I know you can add location information but that only gets entered into the calendar invitation and doesn't appear on the meeting link or confirmation page.

HubSpot Updates
In Planning
June 13, 2022 01:11 PM

Hi Community!

Just checking in here with some updates on plans related to this idea. We are currently testing some changes to scheduling in the CRM that will allow you to include information within the Location field when scheduling a meeting from the CRM scheduler. I've included a couple of images below for reference. There are still a few more steps needed to allow the location field to be viewed from the timeline event, as well as the ability to change the location when editing an event, but we will get this functionality into a public beta as soon as it is read to go.

I realize there are also several comments and requests related to showing the Location of meeting for the contacts that are booking a meeting within the Meetings scheduling page flow. We are reviewing this as well, and I will post updates on this same Idea Forum post when we have made progress!

Location_meeting_CRM.pngGlen_Cornell.png

Being Reviewed
September 19, 2021 04:52 PM

Hi Community,

We're currently reviewing this idea with hopes that we can simply introduce the location of the meeting into the scheduling flow, to provide more context for users when they are scheduling a meeting. We are hoping that we can provide a quick fix that we can fit between larger projects, should we discover complications in this review, this idea may be updated to 'Not currently planned', should we find that we can fit this into our near-term roadmap, we will update to 'In planning'.

January 21, 2020 11:30 AM

Hey @NCO! An idea being open for a certain amount of time, or receiving a certain amount of kudos, does not guarantee it will be implemented. The team will update the status if they decide to build this 🙂

104 Replies
SteenProperty

5 years later and we still can't add a location.  Personally I do see the point of setting a meeting if noone knows where they're going.  Before hubspot go off doing bigger project, they should maybe iron out the smaller issue or there just building new on old mistakes

ilovehubspot

I see this has been requested since 2017. I'm surprised this hasn't been implemented yet. We work with a lot of different clients in various locations so having the location as an option would be very helpful to us!

ifraformations
Participant

Hi !

I voted ! A question should be added with a checkbox like on to let the user choose a meeting place. Like that...

Screenshot 2022-03-29 at 09-48-19 Essai - IFRA.png

Rik1
Contributor

much needed!!

DZwick

Unbelieveable that this has not been adressed and is not a basic feature of a CRM platform.  People meet with people in person at a physical location. Come on, Hubspot...let's get this taken care of immediately.

MLomako

I think it would be great if you could choose meting locations, especially if this could be pulled from Office 365 or GSuite! 

glencornell
HubSpot Product Team

Hi Community!

Just checking in here with some updates on plans related to this idea. We are currently testing some changes to scheduling in the CRM that will allow you to include information within the Location field when scheduling a meeting from the CRM scheduler. I've included a couple of images below for reference. There are still a few more steps needed to allow the location field to be viewed from the timeline event, as well as the ability to change the location when editing an event, but we will get this functionality into a public beta as soon as it is read to go.

I realize there are also several comments and requests related to showing the Location of meeting for the contacts that are booking a meeting within the Meetings scheduling page flow. We are reviewing this as well, and I will post updates on this same Idea Forum post when we have made progress!

Location_meeting_CRM.pngGlen_Cornell.png

redforkteam
Participant

I'd really like to be able to update the list of locations so that in the dropdown, I could select from meeting locations that we use often. Also, an integration within Google Address Lookup would be awesome so that it contains the name of the location and address.

NCO
Top Contributor

This is great - thanks for the update @glencornell!

To @redforkteam's note, having this location field seamlessly integrate with Google Calendar's (and Outlooks) location field is essential. I imagine that most folks who create the meetings in Hubspot are referencing their Google and Outlook calendars, and having a line of text for the location is not nearly as helpful as having the location populated automatically using Google's Address lookup.

Looking forward to this getting rolled out!

MLomako

Hi @glencornell , thank you for sharing! 

I really apperciate that HubSpot is working on this. Would you please consider posting locations to Google Calendar too? For instance, if an address has been added to HubSpot, add it to Google Calendar as well. 

Can't wait to start using the new functionality! 

SWilhite

Yes! Agreed!!! Very glad this is in the planning stage.

APineiro1
Member | Elite Partner

Would love to see this as a possibility! I have a client who almost exclusively has in person meetings - they'd love the ability to add the contact's address to the meeting description with personalization tokens so when they pull up the calendar invite on their phone, they can click on the address and get to the meeting without having to go into the app and find the contact they have the meeting with to get their address! Would be a game changer!

redforkteam
Participant

@APineiro1 I believe this has been added. When I go to schedule a meeting, these are the options I see.

Screen Shot 2022-09-14 at 11.40.25 AM.png

JulianTEC
Participant
Not that I can see
redforkteam
Participant

Perhaps it's still in beta? Check out this link to learn more about hopping into public betas > https://knowledge.hubspot.com/account/opt-your-hubspot-account-into-a-beta-feature

AWebb1

It is also important to have this as a reporting option.  It is helpful when planning budgets and technology costs to know how many meetings were in person (travel cost) or on-line (technology cost). Being able to customize the timeline will also be key (the entire year, quarterly, monthly, weekly, etc...).

JLynch12

We are a home improvement company, and we need to meet with our customers at their home addresses.  We have thousands of in-person meetings every year.  Why there cannot be a 4th option in the "location" which pulls from specific address fields is baffling.  This would also mean synchronisation to third-party apps for directions would be populated correctly.  It could also push information for optimum route planning apps and mileage reports.

Phone call

In-Person

Custom

Contact/Company address

I don't get the point of having an In-Person and Custom location - The "Set and address" is just a text field.  SO these are basically the same thing.

The issue may be that people populate their location information in different ways.  This could be overcome by allowing people to customise their own location string: #tagfieldaddress1, #tagfieldaddress2, #tagfieldpostzipcode, etc.

MBrooks71
Participant

Without the Address... it's pretty hard to GO TO your meeting. Or realize that it is not a face2face... but a phone call. That could really mess things up. 
Please roll out this "fix" soon. 

RMor

yes yes yes!

Meeting location within the meeting tool! so After the client pick a time and date, they should also pick a location. 

I usually have a work around, so after they pick time and date, they fill up a form with their address, but this address shows as a comment on the meeting info instead of showing as the meeting location 

TKemp

When can this be put into BETA?  We would love to start trying this out please!