HubSpot Ideas

hroberts

Add Location to Meetings booking page

We should have the ability to add the meeting location information somewhere on the meetings booking page. Many contacts who book meetings often ask where the meeting will be held, as they don't check the event details once it's booked. I know you can add location information but that only gets entered into the calendar invitation and doesn't appear on the meeting link or confirmation page.

104 Replies
Saulreal
Participant

Just agreeing with everything everyone has said here, meetings and the lack of a native / fully intergrated calendar consistently let Hubspot down. such a basic feature to be able to add locations to meetings and also then view those meetings future and past within hubspot.

Thanks

Shano

Wow, I was totally surprised this functionality is not available in what is otherwise an amazingly responsive and intuitive CRM. I was really disappointed we cannot add a location, it's a real bummer! It seems such a logical tool we all use daily and not sure how it has been overlooked! It is really clunky and wastes so much time in creating an appointment with no location which sets off an invite to our client/prospect and then have to go to your calendar, edit and add the location which then sets off a 2nd email to our client/prospect. That's not cool and it's not really professional, either!  The suggestion from juliaugten to integrate with Google Maps is cool, great suggestion juliaugten. 

naveed

This is an important feature for us. Our Inside sales team sets up the meeting and send an invitation to our field sales team to go and visit the location. If we add the location on the invitation the handling over of lead to the sales team would be streamlined. Also, the client can also see and confirm the desired location.

Hope Hubspot solves this issue soon, its an important feature for us and other organization as well who follows inside sales and field sales combination.

kevmckay
Participant

This should be a no brainer, how has this not been addressed in almost 2 years?

DannyH
Contributor

This should a basic feature. I really can't understand why it isn't integrated yet and why there is no feedback regarding this request. I totally agree with the findings Shano (05-14-2019) has written down. We've just started implementing HubSpot and everything work as smooth as promised, but we really miss this basic feature.

eaguirre

I agree with most other comments. This is a simple feature that should have been included. 

JakeSher

Couldn't agree more. Super basic meeting setting requirement that needs to be there

KimminauFloors

I just signed up 2 days ago and figured there had to be a way to add the location.  I run a service business and use the meetings app to allow clients to schedule their consultations.  Naturally the location is different on every meeting and sending out calendar invites with a blank location is confusing.   Please setup a token for meeting location! 

You have tokens for the meeting subject.   I don't see why you couldn't use street address, city, and state from the form questions and populate that into the meeting location on the calendar event.   

cclamay

Has there been any word from Hubspot on the addition of a meeting location to the meeting forms?

plonis

Please add this basic feature.

Hollys1

The ability to add location to a calendar invite is a must, in addition being able to add our meeting rooms via the email integration

warmzonegroup

My company would really benefit from this.... is there any specific reason why it hasn't been enabled yet?

tunnybell

Hubspot, this is the sort of detail that might prevent me from getting fully onboard with your platform. This has been an open request since 2017, and there isn't one response from an official support rep or product group with an update. Meeting location info is pretty basic stuff when you're setting up a meeting with a key client; it happens all the time. That sales funnel comes to a pretty tight--and critical-- point when it's time to meet a client face-to-face. 

I think we all understand that your sweet spot is in dealing with large-scale inbound marketing efforts, but if large, consultative sales are an organization's end goal, then your tracking mechanisms need to be more tightly honed. The smooth customer experience (both for us, your clients, and for our own clients) is lacking here. 

Burjo

Yes please, we need this.

EisenUX

C'mon Hubspot...this is ridiculous! It renders the create meeting feature completely useless.

NCO
Top Contributor

Yeah Hubspot.. c'mon!

2+ years and unfortunately, no progress here.

@hroberts - any feedback/update to pass along?

Thanks,

Noah

hroberts
HubSpot Product Team

Hey @NCO! An idea being open for a certain amount of time, or receiving a certain amount of kudos, does not guarantee it will be implemented. The team will update the status if they decide to build this 🙂

NCO
Top Contributor

Thanks @hroberts!

Apologies if my comment was unclear and misleading - I was only looking for any possible update from Hubspot's end on this thread. Of course, implementing the feature would be the best news, but even small check in's from the Product team on threads that hit a certain threshold (ie. open for 2+ years & have 50 upvotes) would go a long way.

Hubspot has such strong customer service and support across the board; sometimes it just feels like the idea's forum gets forgotten about..

Lisarudd74

Just starting to implement.  Amazed so far and recommending to people all the time.  BUT...what on earth are we missing locations for.  Our consultants go to site visits everyday. I currenting use Excel coding to add it to their outlook/gmail calendars, and I'm pretty sad that I may still have to do that.  Seems like I'm doubling up...which was one of the main reasons to implement in the first place.  Would probably consider upgrading, but without this basic feature that I was able to make for myself as a coding novice in Excel?

NCO
Top Contributor

Spot on @Lisarudd74!

This missing feature is a huge downside of Hubspot's meeting tool and a reason that we don't use it for scheduling purposes. It's unfortunate but until they make this correction, I'd recommend using a different meeting scheduler.