HubSpot Ideas

mitchellkp

Add Hubspot Contact as field type for custom property

As a user, I need to know the specific Contacts at our customers without creating lists. My customer success team will be looking at Company records, so this needs to be visible on the Company object. 

I want to create a set of roles-based fields  (e.g., Product Lead, Support Lead) at the Company level and have it be a contact lookup field (sort of like attaching contacts but this would be a custom property. Hubspot User is a lookup property type, but not Hubspot Contact.

15 Commentaires
JimA
Contributeur

+1 for role fields that can be associated with Contacts

DavidSigley
Membre

We love this idea too.

Our deals are added via API and a particular deal will have multiple contacts. It's important for us to know which contact added billing information, which contact do we identify to be the main user of the account.. etc

aclima
Membre

I can't begin to describe how hugely helpful such a feature would be, it would definetly help our marketing team manage our deals with much more ease and precision!

JennaW
Participant

This would be amazing for our sales and service teams to determine billing contacts and other specific roles for the client, both at the company or third party service providers.  Would also love to see this property for companies!  This would help with reporting on third party service providers and resellers we work with on mutual clients or opportunities.

Gryzzly_io
Membre

This is huge !

Who is the interlocutor in this company ?
Who's our sponsor for this deal ?
Who's the billing guy in this one ?
Who contacted us from this company ?
And so on and so on ...

It has to be a must for more people than what appears here

PowerUpFitness
Membre

How many upvotes are needed for this to become a feature?

galenking
Membre

Pipedrive had this and we used it for things like Primary Contact on Company records and Referred By on Deals.

BeckieA
Membre

Echo the above, this is something that can be done very easily in Salesforce, we used a lookup field to set the Primary Contact for each of our accounts, I don't understand why it wouldn't have been made available in HubSpot by now...

REM-USA
Participant

I am a former Salesforce Admin and found lookup fields invaluable. Currently, HubSpot users must retype data into some fields when a lookup field can link to existing data. Consider a primary contact lookup on the Company records, links to the signatory, primary decision-maker, influencer, or user on the Deal record. Please, HubSpot product management, make this feature happen, soon. If you find this reply, vote for this feature request. Data management in HubSpot, as you know it, will improve greatly with this feature. You will thank everyone on this string who added an upvote and a thoughful "reason" comment.

dsecareanu
Contributeur de premier rang | Partenaire solutions

+1 this would be a feature we could use in the following use case: we have partner driven sales so we want to be able to allocate an existing HubSpot contact as a Partner owner, similar to the Contact owner (which is a HubSpot user). Thanks!

REM-USA
Participant

I am shocked we do not have hundreds of upvots on this idea. I added a previous comment on Dec 20, 2020 10:34 PM. The lookup field type concept is so fundamental, HubSpot development really needs to take the bull by the horns and make it happen. Without a lookup field type, users must retype contact information into fields on other objects for basic tracking. For example, on the Account screen, we may want to identify the Primary business contact, the technical contact, and the billing contact. With a look up field type for these three data elements the user only needs to click the field and find the user within or outside the Account records. Today, this simple process requires manual effort. Manual entry means errors, etc.

Hey, HubSpot community. Help us upvote this request to more than 1,000. Or, HubSpot development, just make it a feature enhancement.

Thanks!!!

mmomm
Membre

unforgivable

SuperMario1
Membre

+1

amyonwalkabout
Participant

We seriously need this! Our business heavily relies on referrals both from our employees and from our existing clients, and we also have need to track this for referral comissions. HubSpot has the functionality for a User Lookup field, but not a Contact Lookup Field? Please, someone get on this already. I'm a previous Salesforce admin and this saved my users so many headaches when it came to reporting. 

jsin01
Membre

+1