HubSpot Ideas

alexey_pelykh

Add Google Meet link to Meetings

When we create an event in calendar, there's an option to create a Google Meet link with dial-in number - it would be great if this option was available when meeting is scheduled via HubSpot Meetings as well. 

HubSpotからのアップデート
ステータスに更新: Delivered
April 30, 2021 07:45 AM

Hi All, 

Thanks for your interest in HubSpot integration with Google Meet. 

We have now launched our Google Meet integration with the Meeting Link feature. 

This allows you to turn every meeting booked in your HubSpot CRM into a Google Meet meeting.

To install the integration, please go to our Google Meet Integraiton Marketplace Listing. 

To find out more information, check out our Knowledge Base Doc

If you would like to share any feedback, please feel free to share it here. 

We are continuing to invest in this integration, and will add more new features over time. 

Thanks 

Patrice

HubSpot Product Manager

September 11, 2020 08:51 AM

Hi @SorenLangdahl - so the Calendar Sync integration (which can be connected to the Schedule action in the CRM) is actually a separate integration from connecting a calendar to the Meetings tool. We only heard from users about the loss of Meetings functionality, which we took to mean that this previously wasn't working for those events anyways. I've gone ahead and filed a new idea here on the forum to track interest in adding that functionality to the Calendar Sync: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Google-Meet-integration-for-Calendar-Sync/idi-p/369677#M64553 

If you upvote that and leave a comment with your use case, you will be notified of any updates and can help us see the need in the user base for this. Thank you!

September 11, 2020 08:51 AM

Ah thanks for clarifying that @alewolf! I will run that by the team to see why when the setting is enabled on the company level it doesn't work, and if we can change that.

September 10, 2020 03:48 PM

Hi @dant! Check out @danaland 's comment just before yours. The setting is available to paid accounts, but its availability for individual users is subject to admin control. I think you're pretty much at the answer yourself. If an admin has disabled this setting for your GSuite account, we are not going to override that. The change we've made in Meetings is to respect the setting of the calendar, to keep the experience consistent with when you create events in Google Calendar.

EDIT - Ah your second comment loaded after I left mine. Let us know if you have more questions!

ステータスに更新: Delivered
September 10, 2020 03:31 PM

Hi everyone! As was noted by some more recent commenters, this functionality recently appeared for users who had the "Automatically add Google Meet video conferences to events I create" setting enabled in their Google Calendars. This was nothing HubSpot intentionally built, but our users began to rely on it. Last week, Google changed their API which stopped this from happening. As @danaland shared, we were able to find a way to restore this functionality, and HubSpot now officially supports that setting in your Google Calendar for events booked through Meetings links. See the details here. Thank you for all your patience and feedback!

ステータスに更新: Not Currently Planned
April 27, 2020 03:57 PM

Hi Communnity,

Thank you all for sharing your feedback!

For transparency I am updating this issue to "Not Currently Planned" because we wont be able to get to this in the next quarter. 

Best,

Glen

73件のコメント
Anonymous
適用対象外

has anyone figured out how to use google meet when setting appointments. we're trying to transition away from zoom. 

RHatomize
参加者

Hubspot -- please can you include this feature?  The google meet links  for conferencing are a key part of booking meetings for remote workers.  This tool is not as useful when the integration to Google Calendar does not include the same conferencing options that I woud have when using Google Calendar's own scheduling.

mfisch
メンバー

Strongly agree -- just went through the setup because I wanted tight meeting integration -- but I'm now dumping this to go back to intercom which has perfect google meet integration.

RHatomize
参加者

I found this workaround. 

It creates a permanent link for conferencing that you can add to the location field of hubspot meetings so when a meeting is scheduled the conferencing link is sent to the attendee.

The person that wrote this specifically shows hubspot as part of their example.  Use Option 2 in the instructions it is headlined 

Option 2: Permanent Google Hangouts Meet Links

hope this helps someone while waiting for hubspot to improve their own integration. 

http://jamescmiller73.blogspot.com/2019/01/how-to-create-permanent-google-hangouts.html

jaaker22
メンバー

I'm also jonesing for this addition. Please add, Hubspot!

cderche
メンバー

Yes, we need this. Zoom.us is a poor service delivering an unstable performance. Hubspot should allow us to integrate into multiple services (Google Meet, GoToMeeting, etc.)

Benvenisti
参加者 | Elite Partner

I also agree, this would be a great upgrade to the meeting tool.

HubSpot, please put this as high priority.

thanks

Ron

adamn
メンバー

Yes, I am switching from Zoom to Meet (Google Hangouts) since it has never failed on creating a connection with prospects. Zoom would make people download software and some corp. laptops, of course, don't allow that.

That being said I do not see a simple way to integrate Meet into Hubspot like Zoom - this makes me sad.

I will play around with Zaiper I guess but I hate setting meetings with a single meeting link, I like unique per session for security. 

Kasim
参加者 | Solutions Partner

This feels like something that would align very well with HubSpot's excellent integration with other Google services. It's becoming easier to use both tools as they continue to work hand-in-hand, I'm excited to see HubSpot make this a feature! 

Runa
参加者

I also agree, this would be a great upgrade to the meeting tool.

HubSpot, please put this as high priority.

BR Runa

aupton
メンバー

Please add this to the high priority list! 

BenHP
メンバー

Hubspot, please add this integration - would be hugely useful to my team!

mfisch
メンバー

I saw at least one user mention a "workaround" -- this is totally unworkable --  I can't believe this is coming from a legal practice.

Permalinking conference means anyone can dial into any meeting at any time (even if they were not invited). And since google censors big chunks of the dial-in number it's not even possible to know if its the intended party.

*sigh*

Ash_Esm
メンバー

Here is another work around:

You can enable the addition of Google Hangout Meet to any new event created automatically. If you are GSuit admin, you can enable this per user-account. Any Google calendar event created by Hubspot will automatically include a unique meeting link. 

Giviko
メンバー

How is that done in the Gsuit admin?

jasmine1
メンバー

We need this for Google meet/hangouts and Zoom

cwerely
メンバー

Option 2 on this post worked perfectly for me!  Hope it helps others.

https://kevingonser.wordpress.com/2019/01/10/how-to-create-a-permanent-google-hangouts-meet-link-url...

Lucid
参加者

any news if this will be interated?

surmacki
投稿者

It's available and I'm using it. If you use G Suite (Google) go to Admin Console --> Apps --> G Suite --> Settings for Calendar and check if you have this setting to ON: Automatically add video calls to events created by a user

Then, when creating a meeting link with HubSpot just leave the location and invite description fields blank and Google Calendar will do the rest and add something like this to your calendar event scheduled via HubSpot meeting link:

-::~:~::~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~::~:~::-
Please do not edit this section of the description.

This event has a video call.
Join: https://meet.google.com/bjr-rdxq-jgi
+48 22 163 85 75 PIN: 998479954#
View more phone numbers: https://tel.meet/bjr-rdxq-jgi?pin=6698977201445&hs=7
-::~:~::~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~::~:~::-

Sturner02
参加者

We don't use Zoom, it's a paid service that we don't utilize since we have Google Hangouts for free through our GSuite.  It would be really great if in the meeting link, you were able to integrate existing Google Hangouts as another option other than Zoom. 

There are plenty of other conferencing platforms as well that I'm sure others would like to see added as options to integrate.