HubSpot Ideas

alexey_pelykh

Add Google Meet link to Meetings

When we create an event in calendar, there's an option to create a Google Meet link with dial-in number - it would be great if this option was available when meeting is scheduled via HubSpot Meetings as well. 

73 Commentaires
Anonymous
Non applicable

has anyone figured out how to use google meet when setting appointments. we're trying to transition away from zoom. 

RHatomize
Participant

Hubspot -- please can you include this feature?  The google meet links  for conferencing are a key part of booking meetings for remote workers.  This tool is not as useful when the integration to Google Calendar does not include the same conferencing options that I woud have when using Google Calendar's own scheduling.

mfisch
Membre

Strongly agree -- just went through the setup because I wanted tight meeting integration -- but I'm now dumping this to go back to intercom which has perfect google meet integration.

RHatomize
Participant

I found this workaround. 

It creates a permanent link for conferencing that you can add to the location field of hubspot meetings so when a meeting is scheduled the conferencing link is sent to the attendee.

The person that wrote this specifically shows hubspot as part of their example.  Use Option 2 in the instructions it is headlined 

Option 2: Permanent Google Hangouts Meet Links

hope this helps someone while waiting for hubspot to improve their own integration. 

http://jamescmiller73.blogspot.com/2019/01/how-to-create-permanent-google-hangouts.html

jaaker22
Membre

I'm also jonesing for this addition. Please add, Hubspot!

cderche
Membre

Yes, we need this. Zoom.us is a poor service delivering an unstable performance. Hubspot should allow us to integrate into multiple services (Google Meet, GoToMeeting, etc.)

Benvenisti
Participant | Partenaire solutions Elite

I also agree, this would be a great upgrade to the meeting tool.

HubSpot, please put this as high priority.

thanks

Ron

adamn
Membre

Yes, I am switching from Zoom to Meet (Google Hangouts) since it has never failed on creating a connection with prospects. Zoom would make people download software and some corp. laptops, of course, don't allow that.

That being said I do not see a simple way to integrate Meet into Hubspot like Zoom - this makes me sad.

I will play around with Zaiper I guess but I hate setting meetings with a single meeting link, I like unique per session for security. 

Kasim
Participant | Partenaire solutions

This feels like something that would align very well with HubSpot's excellent integration with other Google services. It's becoming easier to use both tools as they continue to work hand-in-hand, I'm excited to see HubSpot make this a feature! 

Runa
Participant

I also agree, this would be a great upgrade to the meeting tool.

HubSpot, please put this as high priority.

BR Runa

aupton
Membre

Please add this to the high priority list! 

BenHP
Membre

Hubspot, please add this integration - would be hugely useful to my team!

mfisch
Membre

I saw at least one user mention a "workaround" -- this is totally unworkable --  I can't believe this is coming from a legal practice.

Permalinking conference means anyone can dial into any meeting at any time (even if they were not invited). And since google censors big chunks of the dial-in number it's not even possible to know if its the intended party.

*sigh*

Ash_Esm
Membre

Here is another work around:

You can enable the addition of Google Hangout Meet to any new event created automatically. If you are GSuit admin, you can enable this per user-account. Any Google calendar event created by Hubspot will automatically include a unique meeting link. 

Giviko
Membre

How is that done in the Gsuit admin?

jasmine1
Membre

We need this for Google meet/hangouts and Zoom

cwerely
Membre

Option 2 on this post worked perfectly for me!  Hope it helps others.

https://kevingonser.wordpress.com/2019/01/10/how-to-create-a-permanent-google-hangouts-meet-link-url...

Lucid
Participant

any news if this will be interated?

surmacki
Contributeur

It's available and I'm using it. If you use G Suite (Google) go to Admin Console --> Apps --> G Suite --> Settings for Calendar and check if you have this setting to ON: Automatically add video calls to events created by a user

Then, when creating a meeting link with HubSpot just leave the location and invite description fields blank and Google Calendar will do the rest and add something like this to your calendar event scheduled via HubSpot meeting link:

-::~:~::~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~::~:~::-
Please do not edit this section of the description.

This event has a video call.
Join: https://meet.google.com/bjr-rdxq-jgi
+48 22 163 85 75 PIN: 998479954#
View more phone numbers: https://tel.meet/bjr-rdxq-jgi?pin=6698977201445&hs=7
-::~:~::~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~::~:~::-

Sturner02
Participant

We don't use Zoom, it's a paid service that we don't utilize since we have Google Hangouts for free through our GSuite.  It would be really great if in the meeting link, you were able to integrate existing Google Hangouts as another option other than Zoom. 

There are plenty of other conferencing platforms as well that I'm sure others would like to see added as options to integrate.