HubSpot Ideas

brian_aloe_ai

Add/Edit/Remove Non Primary Emails from Contact API

We want to give our users the ability to edit the non primary emails for a HubSpot Contact from our app. We need you (HubSpot) to support the adding/edit/removal of these secondary emails through the API to do so !

21 Comentarios
tmccombs
Miembro | Partner nivel Elite

This functionality would greatly simplify and streamline integrations with other platforms!

Possible ideas for HS Devs: If there was a way to post to the current read_only property 'hs_additional_emails', or including a similar property when using any of the create/update contact endpoints? Otherwise, maybe including some functionality directly through the identity profiles when using any of the create/update contact endpoints?

cholmes
Participante

Our client is also asking for this. We are trying to integrate an existing database. 

afonseca
Participante

I'm surprised this functionality is missing from the current API as the hs_additional_emails is read only. Please either make it writeable or provide additional methods to support full access to this core feature.

clintonskakun
Participante

Yeah this is huge as well for us! We need a way to remove one or more email address. A in-place replace would be the most ideal.

Also, webhooks should be a bit more informative about this as well. Otherwise we end up pushing or replacing existing email addresses, not knowing if they're updated, deleted or what.

sonpn
Miembro

I really need Hubspot Devs to allow subscribe event change value of hs_additional_emails.

Currently, it shows in webhook config but doesn't work.

sbsmith
Miembro

This is really important to us. We are an email provider, so every contact that becomes a customer winds up with multiple email addresses, and we need to manipulate those with the API!

KevinSD
Miembro

This is one of the (multiple) cases where the API is not in line with the App.
Giving the ability to have multiple email addresses in a contact (quite normall these days) would asume that you can use it productwide. But apperently you guys make a difference between the App and the API.

Please get the API up to date with all the functionality you offer. And also don't forget how you handle these multiple emailadresses in combination with the Transactional Email API.

markkofman
Colaborador líder

Yes, please! super important for our customers as well. 

JerryReid
Colaborador

This is a major roadblock for us and we need HubSpot to pull through on this idea ASAP to make the platform work for us. We already built a custom object in Salesforce to track multiple contact emails per contact and need to sync these emails with the HubSpot emails field. For some reason, the updated primary email in HubSpot cannot be synced back to Salesforce in our current implementation as that led to other problems, so we have to push the updates into HubSpot from Salesforce and vice versa.

GiuseppeShipit
Miembro

We really need this too, we have 2k+ contacts with several email addresses pending to be updated. 

beuner
Participante
bkirkland
Miembro

I'm currently working on integrating our membership site, which has multiple email addresses for users, with HubSpot to sync contact details. Really disappointing that I can't add those email addresses through the API when that feature is available in the frontend.

OLM
Participante

The lack of this feature may sink our attempt to migrate to HubSpot. Why management doesn't prioritize issues that make it hard (or impossible) for companies to migrate to HubSpot I just don't understand.

rgilham
Participante

We're in a similar situation as bkirkland,  We're trying to sync our user database with hubspot however some of our users have multiple accounts on our end,  each with their own email, which are all in a single hubspot contact with multiple email addresses.

As the API stands we can only sync the single user on our end with the primary email and have no way to link up those other users to the same contact.

brk21
Miembro

This is absolutely critical for a process we're attempting to automate. It's really amazing that this doesn't exist.

CBN
Colaborador líder

Don't hold your breath @brk21 

CBN
Colaborador líder

Here's how to implement this in C#

var contactByEmail = new RestClient($"https://api.hubapi.com/crm/v3/objects/contacts/{email}/?idProperty=email&hapikey={GetApiKey()}");

var contactRequest = new RestRequest(Method.GET);
contactRequest.AddHeader("accept", "application/json");

var contactResponse = contactByEmail.Execute(contactRequest);

RKatz
Participante

Hi All, 

I had to code around this solution myself, so I thought I would share the way I did so:

https://gist.github.com/brk21/76aa122badba54aa0349911a0b521511

Basically, the gist above provides Python functions for "Add secondary email to contact" and "Delete secondary email from contact" and "Update primary email on contact".

If you have feedback or questions, please feel free to ping me on Linkedin or by email

Ross

tomas1
Miembro

here is a Ruby/Rails solution https://gist.github.com/equivalent/9e3174a471b138401b420bff506ac09e

Only dependancy is HTTParty (no hubspot gem)

Uses hubspot v1 API endpoint "https://api.hubapi.com/contacts/v1/secondary-email/..." with "private apps token" (meaning it will work after Nov 2022)

CAS-FHQ
Participante

Is there an actual resoltuion to this, or this still just an "idea"?