HubSpot Ideas

meganvogel

Add Dynamic Content to New Editor

The new email editor doesn't allow for dynamic content, which is a HUGE limitation. We like the flexibility of the new editor, but really need it to have the same robust functionality, especially including dynamic content.

14 Replies
Shay
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @meganvogel appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. I have some good news on this, we're actively researching and will soon be developing the Smart Content feature for the new email drag and drop editor. As soon as we have it available I'll be sure to close the loop here with you. 

In the meantime, I'd love to get an idea for the types of smart content rules you're creating and how you're taking advantage of it today. Can you provide some examples of the types of smart content you make in the old editor? 

Thanks,

Shay

meganvogel

Hi Shay,

We utilize smart content in combination with smart CTAs to have a different link for each state.  We also use smart content to include a slightly different message for members vs. non-members, or customers vs. prospects.  As it is now, we'd have to clone the email and do tricky things with send lists (to avoid sending to a group who might be in multiple states twice) in order to achieve this.

Shay
HubSpot Product Team

Appreciate the follow up explanation, @meganvogel. Makes total sense. I'll keep you posted as we have news on this release. 

Mathieu_Kymco

Hello to both of you, 

I were invited to subscribe to this feed as I am looking for this functionnality as well.

I would like to add some of my use case as a feedback if it can help too.

We have created a kind-of onboarding email sequence for our new customers who owns different vehicules: 

- light motorcycles

- motorcycles

- motorcycles equiped with built-in navigation (and app connected dashboard)

Most of the emails in this sequence are providing informations that applied for this 3 segment. However, we used to add (on our former marketing automation platform) smart content to add informations that applies only to one segment (based on property = vehicle's name). These smart content blocks were: images, text, CTA, forms. 

The advantage for us, was to create a unique email in the sequence instead of 3 versions of it. For KPI concerns, we used Lists to analyze open rate and interactions with the emailing. It was useful as we have a certain amount of worklow and email.

Glad if this feedback can help.

Looking forward this new functionnality with excitment. 

Bests regards

Mathieu 

marausa

I wholeheartedly agree!

klgeilenkirchen

I couldn't agree more.  There are many limitations with the custom template editor, so the Drag n Drop is an immense improvement (including being able to generate a "regular" email from an "automated" one and vice versa - not an option with Custom Templates.  Not sure why there have to be 2 email types for this anyway, but that's another question).  However the Smart Content is not available on the Drag n Drop, a HUGE missed opportunity.  I do hope that feature will be rolled out soon for Drag n Drop.

HubSpot, is there an update on when this feature will be available in Drag n Drop?

Shay
HubSpot Product Team

Hi all, some good news that Smart Content is now avaialble in a large portion of content for the drag and drop editor. It's now avaialble for Subject Lines and Rich Text areas and is in the works for Images, Buttons and other modules too.

You should find it avaialble for Smart Subjects under the subject input itself, and avaialble on Rich Text via a "More" toggle on the module, shown here: 

Edit_Email___New_email.png

jakespirek
Participant

Yes please!! We want to send customized footers with account reps and their image and signature, and there's no way to do that currently in the drag and drop editor. 

tomlambregts

I'm presently running Campaign Monitor alongside Hubspot, and CM do this very well. Would love it if Hubspot caught up, or  developed a similar solution.

The complete list is segemented, and then we create one email, with different sections tagged to show to the relevant segments in the list. 

Campaign Monitor ScreenshotCampaign Monitor Screenshot

user9274004
Participant

Thank you! We need it for buttons and images, so I'm subscribing to this topic 🙂

galbir

This new option is great, thank you!

We need it mostly for the Html modules 🙂

Christoffer
Participant | Platinum Partner

It's still not possible to have smart images right? Or add the images to a rich text fields so that we can change it? 

Would be really nice to have that possibility or to make HMTL module smart. 

Shay
HubSpot Product Team

Hi all, just a quick update that this is now available for all modules in the new drag and drop email editor (for Marketing Professional and Enterprise customers). You'll find it under the "More" menu when you hover over any module in the editor. 

vanessahunt
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

@Shay Not sure if you can help with a use case I have for a client? They'd like to include multiple images in an email, but add one (or more) images that's personalised to them based on multiple criteria. I don't think SmartContent can do what we need - because it's not simply languag/region etc that defines what that custom image should be.

So for example, based on what you know about me as  customer (based on Tickets I've raised), you could send an email that includes an image related to a Ticket I've raised and then add two more images that are 'standard' for everyone. Our most simple scenario:

Say I was a customer who bought an iPhone 11 (you know I have one, because I raised a Ticket for it) then you would send me an email that includes a photo of my iPhone 11, plus two other recommendations. 

However, perhaps it is more complex. I have an iPad, an iPhone 11 AND something else ... and this quarter you've got an offer on iPhone 14s. So you have some logic behind the scenes that 'chooses' for me personally which product's image it would be most appopriate to display in the email, based on the offer available. And then the other standard images would be merged into the email too. However, we have a large product catalogue so there are many permutations of the same email potentially that we could send. We are wondering if Transactional emails might help here?

My client is actually a B2B client so they don't have a WooCommerce or similar shopping app integrating with HS that might suggest recommendations. But I guess that is similar to what we are looking for.

Would be interested to know if there's any way to inject a "unique for you, today"-type image into an email and where you could design the logic for that. 

Look forward to your thoughts! Thanks in advance 😄