HubSpot Ideas

khughes

Add CC and BCC capabilities to emails from HubSpot

We have a need for the option to add CC and BCC to emails that are sent from HubSpot. We have two important use cases for this.

Use case 1:
We have a registration form set up on our website. When someone registers, they receive an automated email from us through HubSpot saying "Thank you for registering!". Since we have a lot of different people signing up, it's very important for us to follow up on that email.

If we could add CC to me on the email that is sent out, I could pick up the conversation with the person registering very quickly. I could simply press "Reply" on the email and continue the conversation with the lead.

If I want to do this now with today's HubSpot solution, I'd have to copy/paste the lead's email address from the internal registration confirmation email, write a subject line that wouldn't confuse the lead, and then write the message to the lead. This delays the response time dramatically, and takes up substantially more resources.

Use case 2:
If we could add BCC to emails as well, it would give people two great advantages;
(1) HubSpot emails could easily be integrated with almost ANY CRM (ex. Email to CRM option), and
(2) it would add the contents of the email to the CRM (more than just "Sent Subject Line").

If anything is unclear, I would loooove to explain in more detail.

249 Replies
RNicholson6
Participant

I would also like to be able to add external partners into an automated reply to a lead submission on our website.  We have external distribution partners that service countries where we do not have a presence.  Our brand is a global brand and all customers should be able to receive the same seamless service as those in our home office's timezone.  At the moment, I am forced to reply to every lead manually and copy in our distribution partner so that have the same communication and lead details as we do.  Being able to add them in to an automated reply would make HubSpot that much more powerful, especially where timebound communications generate more revenue.

MM360

BCC for marketing emails is needed to allow us to log marekting emails sent out of HubSpot to records in another CRM or tool. 

NBoumediene

Hi - we would find this functionality extremely useful too, so that we can obtain "verified" Trustpilot reviews by bcc'ing a link into the follow up email to clients.

E-CRM

Ihave the domains and all working correctly in account, but aren't receiving emails from those brands even when CC'ing them? Essentially those emails are only going to Brands actual mail provider but not HubSpot.

Can you provide the solution?

Thanks 

antonia_kraft
Contributor | Platinum Partner

+1

Eddithor
Participant

We need the ability to have a template load in the email addresses of the appropriate staff with our external partners for any given message. On top of that, we need to be able CC the rep that handles that partner to keep them in the loop. Currently that is all being handled manually or through really janky workarounds, which wastes a lot of time. The data is all there in HubSpot, we just lack the ability to load it automatically.

LCollins

+1 Would be very useful for sending to multiple stakeholders in one organisation.

mortenstaal
Participant | Platinum Partner

Where are we on this, HubSpot? This is a much needed functionality for compliance reasons.

mortenstaal
Participant | Platinum Partner

Also, it has almost 700 updates. I think it is time to put it on the product roadmap.

MichelleLS

Yes we need this functionality too.  We have certain types of communications that need to go out to several people in an organization and it would save a lot of time and unneccessary forwarding of emails if they could know who else in the organization got the communication.

LOliveira3

This is a really needed feature and for sure a way more companies would get the benefits from it. 

Daleksandersen
Participant | Diamond Partner

I find it strange that these basic features still is not implemented in HubSpot... 

lisadiehl

+1

SpencerHodgson
Participant

This would be a very helpful feature. Here's my usecase: my team would like me to build out an automated renewals process for customers. For certain types of customers, the goal would be to give a Director or VP level service role visibility into that customer's renewal process, especially so that the customer has a sense that they are being taken care of with white glove service. But we still want as much to be driven by automation as possible, keeping the email FEELING like an email directly from their sales rep but always cc'ing the Director or VP whom the customer has gotten to know as well. But under the current capabilities HubSpot is not able to accomplish this.

RNicholson6
Participant
Come on HubSpot. Your customer focus has slipped. If you don't want to do this, then own it and provide a scripted workaround for everyone.
You are looking very ordinary based on the amount of time this has been an issue and the number of people it is an issue for.
ABowk

This was first suggested in 2017.

Since then, hundreds of customers have expressed suppot for this improvement.

I work in software. Many customers of mine ask for features which are incredibly specific and would only benefit them or a handful of users. This suggestion is very different. Many of your customers have given use cases which seem to be very common business practices.

Every day, my team have to see which country a form has come from and select the appropriate email. This part is easy. But... they then have to find who the correct person or persons are to CC or BCC into that email. This takes time and training and, of course, is prone to human error.

This isn't a strange, unique edge case usage. I am sure many other customers have similar problems.

Sending an order acknowledgement email that copies in accounts, production etc. is another very obvious example.

Hubspot, your customers are giving you numerous use cases which would be beneficial to the majority of your customers. Please listen to use and please implement this feature.

Matthew (long time paying customer!)

BDracup

Just checking back in on this since it's been more than 5 years (!!) since it was first requested. I would like to bcc our customer service team on a specific outgoing marketing email that is auto-sent through a workflow when someone signs up to our platform. This still isn't possible??

Shamgar
Participant

Why is this not a standard feature?!?  We need both... CC and BCC fields for some of our emails.

17leet3

+1

ImKJ

Well it seems that this idea has fallen off the view of Hubspot?  No comments since 2021 and nothing planned to add this feature to marketing emails?  I am very curious why this wasn't an option from the beginning when it is a necessity?  I know with other CRMs it is possible and being that Hubspot is better than the others why cannot this be an option, it seems that it isn't just one person requesting it?  Can someone update the status of this for us please?

Appreciate your time and assistance!!!