HubSpot Ideas

khughes

Add CC and BCC capabilities to emails from HubSpot

We have a need for the option to add CC and BCC to emails that are sent from HubSpot. We have two important use cases for this.

Use case 1:
We have a registration form set up on our website. When someone registers, they receive an automated email from us through HubSpot saying "Thank you for registering!". Since we have a lot of different people signing up, it's very important for us to follow up on that email.

If we could add CC to me on the email that is sent out, I could pick up the conversation with the person registering very quickly. I could simply press "Reply" on the email and continue the conversation with the lead.

If I want to do this now with today's HubSpot solution, I'd have to copy/paste the lead's email address from the internal registration confirmation email, write a subject line that wouldn't confuse the lead, and then write the message to the lead. This delays the response time dramatically, and takes up substantially more resources.

Use case 2:
If we could add BCC to emails as well, it would give people two great advantages;
(1) HubSpot emails could easily be integrated with almost ANY CRM (ex. Email to CRM option), and
(2) it would add the contents of the email to the CRM (more than just "Sent Subject Line").

If anything is unclear, I would loooove to explain in more detail.

249 Replies
EdwardStranks
Participant | Diamond Partner

This is a pretty big limitation, and a major reason why we may need to find another software to send our emails. 

SandraXgigmit

We also need the bcc function urgently. It's absolutely necessary in order to be able to work transparently across teams.

CTowers
Participant

This is a crucial addition that needs to be implemented! 

MiaPV
Top Contributor

It is almost 2022 and this still hasn't been implemented? Please consider adding this to the list of important to-dos for the new year.

Spcott
Agreed. This should be an easy fix. Nimble has been doing this for years
now. Without this Hubspot remains a great marketing tool but about 7-10
years behind on relationship management tool. Given all the emphasis on
Hubspot training videos about the importance of placing value on
relationships.
LSánchezAlarc
HubSpot Employee

Hi Community, 

I would like to share this with all of you, maybe it can help you in your projects: 

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/settings/log-email-in-your-crm-with-the-bcc-or-forwarding-address

Have a great 2022. 

MiaPV
Top Contributor
Appreciate your reply but it’s not helpful for automation where it would be most useful.
EMartin2

To CC the contact owner on HubSpot would be a ideal.

AWarreyn

Same here, we recently switched from another sales tool and they did have the functionality to add the contact /deal owner in CC in a workflow that sends an email to a contact. Interessed in this feature or a valid work-around.

MBettamio

We need this! 

ABowk

Please, please add this feature!

We have numerous distributors around the world with specific regions.

We reply to incomming form submissions using a different template for each of our distributors. We don't automate this process because there could be specific questions or queries. Currently, each person replying needs to find the correct email addrerss for the distributor which of course can lead to human error.

This is just one use case but hope this helps

GKunkel

I'm shocked this already isn't a feature. Shouldn't be that difficult to create either. 

stephaniezeplin

Very much needed! 

AFreemerman
Participant

This is really necessary, to set up an automatic CC of the HubSpot owner to customers from the HubSpot, the emails are total gosht, nobody can see the actual email just the notification on the activity, they can't re-send. we sent welcome emails and the customers got are upset when we can't show them the email!  we have to turned it off and do it manually because of this functionality.  

CSzoke

Very much agree!

luizseigo

Yes pleaso do implement this feature. For a true intergration with the sales teams this feature is extremely important.

Jaycee_Lewis
Community Manager

Upvoting based on several customer requests

AOwens1206

100% agree with all comments above, we need this as well! 

NSingleton

I used CC with Marketo at a previous employer. I am now having to use other solutions to all CCs and threaded emails. 

CP-BWG
Contributor

Guys - seriously.  Why would you not address this?  @hubspot  You allow this in the transactional email API - why would you not allow us to do it with the inteface?  The only workaround would be to use a webhook to send the email via API instead of using the built in 
"send email"