HubSpot Ideas

khughes

Add CC and BCC capabilities to emails from HubSpot

We have a need for the option to add CC and BCC to emails that are sent from HubSpot. We have two important use cases for this.

Use case 1:
We have a registration form set up on our website. When someone registers, they receive an automated email from us through HubSpot saying "Thank you for registering!". Since we have a lot of different people signing up, it's very important for us to follow up on that email.

If we could add CC to me on the email that is sent out, I could pick up the conversation with the person registering very quickly. I could simply press "Reply" on the email and continue the conversation with the lead.

If I want to do this now with today's HubSpot solution, I'd have to copy/paste the lead's email address from the internal registration confirmation email, write a subject line that wouldn't confuse the lead, and then write the message to the lead. This delays the response time dramatically, and takes up substantially more resources.

Use case 2:
If we could add BCC to emails as well, it would give people two great advantages;
(1) HubSpot emails could easily be integrated with almost ANY CRM (ex. Email to CRM option), and
(2) it would add the contents of the email to the CRM (more than just "Sent Subject Line").

If anything is unclear, I would loooove to explain in more detail.

249 Comentários
Kyle_Scott
Membro

Agree CC and BCC is excellent - same with forwarding. Two points: (1) Not everyone who needs to be included on a customer service response is in our universe. (2) We sometimes need to forward an email to someone external to review or note.

Nataša
Membro

I have just realised that there is no option yet to BCC/CC emails from HS. Is there any news on this topic? We are also in dire need for this function and I have spent hours today trying to find a solution. HubSpot team? Any news?

dwhittington
Membro | Parceiro

This idea would be great!

Using the CC and BCC fields with a personalisation token would be extremely useful.

This would solve the issue of users having two email addresses for many Hubspot users.

Thanks

jenrankin
Participante

We really need this in functionality - our sales teams have multiple people per territory and we're emailing them with every lead that comes through a Hubspot form. When we can't CC multiple people in the same email, they cannot see who else has received the email and therefore cannot connect with each other over the email thread. 

JMA
Participante

We are using Trustpilot to send out review requests, and I'd like to include a BCC on certain marketing emails so that the recipient's also receive a Trustpilot review invitation. Is there any way to add a BCC field in a marketing email?

Adding that as it's own customer would not generate a correct invite.

teoxihui
Participante

We 100% need this! Upvote!

AirswiftRob
Colaborador(a)

Do we have any update on when this could be available?

dwhittington
Membro | Parceiro

@AirswiftRob  Agreed. How many likes and comments does an idea need before it is taken to the next stage?

Status atualizado para: Not Currently Planned
jaleonard19
Equipe de Produto da HubSpot

Thanks for your comments on the idea. This isn't planned for development in the next quarter. For transparency and clarity, I'm updating this issue to 'Not currently planned' for the time being. We are evaluating this feature, but it requires substantial changes in how a number of our backend systems work. Specifically how our event (open & click) tracking works today. 

If you are willing to jump on a call to talk more about this functionality, and your specific use cases send me a direct message.  I would love to understand and learn more from you. Please feel free to upvote and continue to leave feedback on this thread.

Dezm77
Membro

Wonder has there been a soloution shared for this? it is a very important and basic requiremnt. Currently stuggling without a BCC option for Hubspot marketing emails. Much appreciated Thank you

ROFU
Participante

Good idea and something we're definitely looking for, our use case is:

I'm doing a workflow for new customers filling in a form on our website, so that an email is triggered from the responsible sales person based on the choices the customers make on the website form. However, the email that gets sent to the customer isn't visible to the sales person unless they know where to look. Is there anyway to BCC the contact owner on the email to the new customer? So they can use the email to follow up if they don't hear back for example. 

Spcott
Membro

We need this feature to be able to CC. Currently having to use a manual work around rather than using sequences to send communications (not marketing) emails to groups of contacts. We need to both internal and external contact copied in due to the nature of projects. 

It would make a huge difference if we could just add cc.

akarkos
Membro

This is a big reason why we haven't been able to use Hubspot more for our event and marketing emails. For most of our events our team members expect to be cc'd on any of their contacts or all invites for their specific event, so in many cases we have had to send these directly from our accounts and therefore cannot utilize a lot of the perks of hubspot, such as tracking and follow-up emails. It would be great to have the option to include cc's for marketing emails available.

kirvis
Colaborador(a)

Yes please! I would very much like to be able to BCC all of our marketing emails, so that we can log them in the CRM we use (which is not the Hubspot CRM).

Any updates on this?

spycloud
Membro

Bump. This continues to be a request I get from sellers at least weekly. When is this capability coming?

pvanzandwijk_iv
Participante

Still waiting on this functionality. We've got a Quickscan on our website that will send out a customized e-mail via workflows (depending on the results) to the lead. For our salesteam it would be very helpful to get a bcc to directly see what the results of the scan are for that specific lead so they can easily follow it up. 

Ed_F
Membro

Replying to get updates on this. Would be a great addition!

lenoxbrown
Membro

Another vote here for this feature!

In our firm's particular case, we are having difficulty capturing marketing emails sent through HubSpot in our emai archiving software, Smarsh.  I've tried working with both HubSpot & Smarsh on this issue and we are unable to come up with a solution at this point.  If we could blind copy our firm's "info" email account, I believe it would allow us to capture these emails in our archiving software, as the software is supposed to capture all emails sent/received with our domain address.  We are currently only able to see the HubSpot emails in Smarsh when someone replies to the original email sent through HubSpot.

lisadiehl
Membro

Replying to get updates on this. Would be a great addition!

pinch
Participante

This is really something that should be added.  Basic functionality here...  Especially when importing third party sources and personalized emails may start looking funny...would be a great to audit as they come.