HubSpot Ideas

khughes

Add CC and BCC capabilities to emails from HubSpot

We have a need for the option to add CC and BCC to emails that are sent from HubSpot. We have two important use cases for this.

Use case 1:
We have a registration form set up on our website. When someone registers, they receive an automated email from us through HubSpot saying "Thank you for registering!". Since we have a lot of different people signing up, it's very important for us to follow up on that email.

If we could add CC to me on the email that is sent out, I could pick up the conversation with the person registering very quickly. I could simply press "Reply" on the email and continue the conversation with the lead.

If I want to do this now with today's HubSpot solution, I'd have to copy/paste the lead's email address from the internal registration confirmation email, write a subject line that wouldn't confuse the lead, and then write the message to the lead. This delays the response time dramatically, and takes up substantially more resources.

Use case 2:
If we could add BCC to emails as well, it would give people two great advantages;
(1) HubSpot emails could easily be integrated with almost ANY CRM (ex. Email to CRM option), and
(2) it would add the contents of the email to the CRM (more than just "Sent Subject Line").

If anything is unclear, I would loooove to explain in more detail.

249 Replies
erica11
Top Contributor

We really need to be able to do this as we would like to send automated emails regarding a customer's membership renewal. There are multiple people who need to receive this email at the company. Rather than send three separate emails, we would like to be able to send the same email to three people at once. 

k_intello
Contributor

Agree with everyone - our use case right now is when we have inbound unassigned leads or score ups I need to be able to CC multiple people on the sales team because they divvy up the leads amongst themselves. Right now they both get an email for score up MQLs that fall in to this but can't see that the other sellers also received it which can cause confusion.

Joseba

This is a very much needed feature and hope we get it implemented  in the near future!

Sheyde

We've just parterned with Trustpilot (who are now the 25th most visited site in the world) to collect automatic reviews and having a BCC field is integral to the set up of this. It's quite a basic function for emails so very surprised it's not already an option. I think there will be a lot more companies out there disappointed that this isn't already a feature especially when it impacts other areas of the business e.g. automatic review collection.

qkeddy

We use the marketing template to send welcome emails to new clients. With that being noted, we want to CC the Client Success Manager and having a CC that is tied to a HubSpot property would be very helpful. 

coldaker
Participant

Just adding onto this. Our use-case is that we use automated workflows to send regular weekly updates to our clients on the status of their work and there are many cases when the client wants multiple people to receive the updates (such as their assistant). Our options currently are to just email both people separately via workflow or use the workflow to trigger a task that reminds someone on our team to manually send the email to both addresses using Templates. Neither are ideal. 

This would open up a lot of functionality for us.

Ishdril

Same here. Some of our registration emails need a followup from our marketing team and a CC and BCC field would make things faster for our departments.

Really useful feature

Beelens

This would be a really helpful feature and easier/faster/more agile than workflows.

PayKings
Participant

We are going to go ahead and unsubscribe from notifications on this issue as it's been almost 3 years since its submission with no word on any plan for implementation. Insane that this is not already implemented. Absolutely insane. @khughes maybe you can push this issue forward internally assuming you're still with Hubspot. 

Aleksandersen
Member | Diamond Partner

Dear HubSpot, I wish that you would improve the base features of the product rather than implementing new things all the time - especially considering the fact that there are so many basic features you lack.

Having the option of CC or BCC on emails is a feature that should be easily implemented and it is quite hard to understand the reluctance of adding basic email functionality... 

*sigh*

OnScaler
Participant

This would be incredibly beneficial and it's pretty surprising this is not included by default. Customer.io includes this by default and while it is not a CRM tool it does have every email workflow feature you can think of. It's unfortunate that we cannot inform our sales team when a customer receives a particular email.

This is pretty basic from a customer standpoint; you would expect email workflows to have the full capabilites of a regular email.

Bryantworks
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

Hey all, I want to share a reminder that BCC is capable with Marketing Hub Enterprise:

Settings - Google Chrome 2020-01-24 19.16.11.png

For some instances like @OnScaler has mentioned, I would recommend adding an in-app notification to a workflow when you send out marketing emails to their contact owners for them to understand what emails a contact is getting and when.  This is more work than a scheduled batch email, but would provide the effect that you outline above.

Hope this helps!

Aleksandersen
Member | Diamond Partner

And how do you think the compliance BCC would help on the challenge? This is a SINGLE BCC email that will be added to ALL outbound emails - regardless. And the compliance email is available at all plans. 

What is needed is an option to add BCC to a SINGLE email... Different from each type of email. With more than one BCC. 

AirswiftRob
Contributor

Hi @Shay is there any update on this one? I would like to send out messages to our customers and cc in their service consultant. I could create a workflow for each email but that is a very longwinded process as it is a lot of different emails to work with

qkeddy

We have the same use case as @natsumimori. There has to be a way to add this feature with relative ease without needing to jump to the enterprise edition. 

nicknella

@Shay Any update on this feature? Is it still not possible to add a CC in an automated workflow email? Is it being worked on? Thanks!

EAGMark
Contributor

In our use case, we recently acquired a company and want to send an email to all of our cross over customers and include the owner of the company in the CC field so that the recipient can both see that the owner is still there and can reply to both the owner and the contact at our company if desired. I've never used Marketo, but I did find their info about adding CC on an email, https://docs.marketo.com/display/public/DOCS/Email+CC. Just thought that might light the fires a little.   

patrickvaughn

I'll echo everyone else's request for CC and BCC capabilities on Hubspot generated emails, especially those done as part of a sequence.  We need to log emails to our Salesforce CRM contact activity history and this would appear to be the only way to accomplish that.  Does anyone from HubSpot monitor these forums?

EAGMark
Contributor

@patrickvaughn For your use case, you should be able to log those emails via the Activities tab in the Salesforce Integration page. It should look like this. We don't use the CRM side of Hubspot, so we keep the Salesforce task sync turned off and rely on the Salesforce field last activity to prevent too many emails from going out.

Hubspot Integration.PNG

patrickvaughn

Thanks @EAGMark, I'll give that a shot.  Much appreciated!