HubSpot Ideas

lilybond

Add Alt Text to Twitter Images

We work in the accessibility community, and it's critical that we be able to add alt text to images on Twitter so that they are accessible to blind viewers.

This is possible using Buffer to publish Twitter posts: https://faq.buffer.com/article/799-publish-image-descriptions-alt-text-for-twitter

It would be awesome if we could be inclusive of our blind Twitter followers by having HubSpot add this feature!

30件のコメント
HazelS
メンバー

Totally agree with this. It is essential that we are able to add alt text to images shared via Twitter and Linkedin. Why should blind and low vision social media users be blocked from understanding the content of the images? Both the Twitter and Linkedin APIs allow apps (like Hubspot) to deliver this information. When might we expect this to be improved? At the moment this is a big blocker for us.

paulinedamery
メンバー

Agreed, this is critical! The lack of this feature renders the social posting/scheduling useless for us. 😕

VanessaB
メンバー

I stumbled up on this link when searching for help with SM posts and ALT text. I was bummed it wasn't a real solution, just a suggestion. That obviously has yet to be addressed. 

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Add-ALT-Text-field-at-the-file-manager-level/idi-p/19...

We are an assistive technology company for the visually impaired. So it is critical for our vocal audience and believe me they let us know. Guess we cotinue to use Buffer. Huge fail on HubSpot's part. 

ShellyK
メンバー

Accessability for all is crucial.  Adding Alt Text to images allows those who are blind or visually impaired have access to images posted on Twitter and other social media.  I am surprised that this idea was presented a year ago and has not been addressed yet.  For now, we will have to continue to use Buffer but would prefer to do all of our marketing through HubSpot.

N_May
参加者

I'm really shocked that this suggestion was raised over a year ago and it has still not been made possible.  Just think of all the inaccessible visual content that has been posted via hubspot to Twitter in the last 12 months that excludes blind and partially sighted people. Doesn't really make for a very good 'in-bound' experience does it? Please could this be fixed. 

StellaBroster
メンバー

Dolphin are committed to inclusivity and providing accessible communications - the ability to add alt text to images, including on social media, is essential. I hope that this issue can be resolved asap, to bring HubSpot into line with other providers such as buffer.

Tom_Haywood
メンバー

This would be a really beneficial feature along with the support for Instagram too. 

Terrie_Elliott
メンバー

I agree 100%! The majority of our customer base is blind or low vision. Both of these groups are extremely active on social media, especially Twitter. We are missing a huge oppportunity to reach them. 

kqueen
メンバー

Definitely support the need for this integration. A big part of our business is focused on talking about the need for accessibility in other marketing spaces, so we really need to be able to put our money where our mouth is. Please add this functionality ASAP. 

LaurenPatton
参加者

So there is no alternative except for natively posting on the platforms I assume? Really a downside for me, as I would like to be able to do this without natively going in the platform. bummer. 

CaroMelendez
メンバー

This suggestion was raised over a year ago and it has still not been made possible. 

It's critical that we be able to add alt text to images on Social Media post on Hubspot.

I hope that this issue can be resolved as soon as possible by adding this essential functionality.

ArmadaHealth
メンバー

This is a great suggestion as it's a win-win for both SEO and accessability. We'd love to see this for all social channels that support alt text for images. 

LaurenPatton
参加者

This is still a huge issue for me, being a marketing team of one, and working with people with disabilities! I don't want to have to get a separate social media scheduling platform, but it seems that Buffer is the only platform that does this. 

Anyone else know of any others?

It's 2020, THE FUTURE IS ACCESSIBLE!

ステータスに更新: Delivered
jacquimalis
HubSpot製品開発チーム

Hi all, 

Thank you for your feedback and we agree the future is accessible. We are currently starting to slowly roll out Alt-Text for Twitter, Facebook and Linkedin. If you could please fill in your information on the form linked below we can get you unlocked as our early adopters - https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSca0rmWqxI-NEUvXvrqrfQFOu93WfN8bRzmu5wziaL8AqG9wg/viewform?...

lilybond
投稿者

That's great news! The form is private so we can't sign up yet.

"You need permission

This form can only be viewed by users in the owner's organization.

Try contacting the owner of the form if you think this is a mistake. Learn More."

LaurenPatton
参加者

Hi @jacquimalis - I have also tried the link - the form says 'Resource Unavailable'. Can you send us the form?

jacquimalis
HubSpot製品開発チーム

Thank you for letting me know! The form should now be public, but please let me know if you continue to have any issues. 

kqueen
メンバー

Awesome - thanks so much! Very excited for this 🤩

jtsang
参加者

This is great, just signed up to be an early tester. Do you have an idea when it will be available? And will this be for Instagram too?

jacquimalis
HubSpot製品開発チーム

Hi you have been ungated, but please let me know if you do not have the functionality. Instagram is the only network at the moment without alt-text, but we will be looking into this functionality in the future.