Hola! ¡Tenemos nuestra Comunidad en Español!

Add ALT Text field at the file manager level

Add in an ALT text field in the file manager so we can add a global alt text to all images. Then allow the ability to override this text from the page level when adding in images (currently can add the alt text there).  This would make it easier for when using this in the  IMAGE HubDB column so we can pull in proper alt text for each image.

Example below:

image.png

3 Replies
russellbenzing
Occasional Contributor

Adding a boolean to hide/show alt field in image selectors would be a plus!

jnix284
Esteemed Contributor

This would alleviate a lot of the issues surrounding alt text for blog featured images and SEO:

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/New-Feature-Add-Alt-Text-to-Featured-Images/idi-p/287...

I find that it is also highly frustrating to manage/review alt text entered by team members - having a centralized location to manage alt text would be awesome - actually having it as a column for the file that is click to edit (similar to HubDB) would be even better!

VanessaB
New Contributor

Excellent idea. Infact, I stumbled upon this request searching for a way to do exactly that. Be able to do ALT text at the File Manager stage. Was bummed to find it was not real. We are an assistive technology company for the visually impaired. So it is critical to our audience that we use ALT text for images. Believe me they will let us know. Social media posts in HS do not allow for that because we can't add the ALT text at the File Manager stage. Guess we use Buffer instead. Big fail on HS part.