HubSpot Ideas

AJLaPorte_diagr

Add ALT Text field at the file manager level

Add in an ALT text field in the file manager so we can add a global alt text to all images. Then allow the ability to override this text from the page level when adding in images (currently can add the alt text there).  This would make it easier for when using this in the  IMAGE HubDB column so we can pull in proper alt text for each image.

Example below:

image.png

47 Comentários
russellbenzing
Membro | Parceiro Elite

Adding a boolean to hide/show alt field in image selectors would be a plus!

Anonymous
Não aplicável

This would alleviate a lot of the issues surrounding alt text for blog featured images and SEO:

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/New-Feature-Add-Alt-Text-to-Featured-Images/idi-p/287...

I find that it is also highly frustrating to manage/review alt text entered by team members - having a centralized location to manage alt text would be awesome - actually having it as a column for the file that is click to edit (similar to HubDB) would be even better!

VanessaB
Membro

Excellent idea. Infact, I stumbled upon this request searching for a way to do exactly that. Be able to do ALT text at the File Manager stage. Was bummed to find it was not real. We are an assistive technology company for the visually impaired. So it is critical to our audience that we use ALT text for images. Believe me they will let us know. Social media posts in HS do not allow for that because we can't add the ALT text at the File Manager stage. Guess we use Buffer instead. Big fail on HS part. 

michaelk
Membro | Parceiro Ouro

Exactly. Why doesn't this exist. Why do I have to comb through Hubl code to add this in? It should be part of the info collected when we use an image from the gallery.

jtsang
Participante

yes this. we need this

Status atualizado para: Being Reviewed
watanak
Equipe de Produto da HubSpot

Anonymous
Não aplicável

@watanak excited to see some activity on this idea - please let us know if any other information would be helpful to get this moving forward to in planning!

LJT
Membro

+1! Even an update on the timing of adding this would be great (if it won't be right away) as I'm just about to start shopping other options (even though I wish I didn't have to!)

I'm unable to use HubSpot's scheduling offering without this ability as accessibility is a requirement. 

ArchieD
Participante

I was just looking for this capability today, given that there is no mechanism for adding Alt Text to Instagram posts in the Social media tools. Facebook yes. Instagram, nope. (And what a pain to have to go edit each Instagram post.)

What an ideal solution to be able to add Alt Text to our image library and voila! Each time we use the image it's already done... and it's consistent among platforms and posters.

As a nonprofit that works with the disability community, I just need to say that this shouldn't even be a conversation we're having, given ADA web and online media requirements. Imho, all mechanisms for posting electronic content should require alt-text for every image. Good WordPress templates do this. Let's follow their example!

amweinst
Membro

+1, we need this since we reuse images that are stored in Hubspot

Liv14
Participante | Parceiro Platinum

+1 yes, this is essential!! Can't believe it's not a thing. Hopefully a quick fix HubSpot.

Digna
Colaborador(a)

🔥

KForsythe
Membro

Yes! I am surprised that 3 years after this suggestion was made, it still has not been done. I'm currently having an issue where the editor is not saving alt text and when it does, the SEO crawler still says there is no alt text, even when there is! 

markusarvidsson
Colaborador(a)

It would be great to set alt text in the Fule Manager, specially when using HubDB or rending web content dynamic.

CSarzana
Participante | Parceiro Elite

+1 need this!

DavidCarpenter
Participante | Parceiro Diamante

+1, being able to access, edit, add alt text is critical to images used in file manager and/or HubDB. 

HubSpot, please make this functionality available as soon as possible.

JWaack
Colaborador(a)

+1 Has there been an update? This has been under review since more than a year, was it denied? 

AdeleTib
Colaborador(a)

Seems like this one has fallen off of their radar. So adding my comment with an added reference to this active and fairly recent discussion on this same topic >>

Updating ALT Text within Files on images 

Status atualizado para: Being Reviewed
cacosta
Equipe de Produto da HubSpot

NicoleJ
Moderador da HubSpot

+1