HubSpot Ideas

Amy_Brierley

Account Access - Create and edit customized quote templates

I would love to give sales managers access to create templates for their team, however i don't want to give them super admin permissions for our whole account! Please amend the permissions functionality to allow this.

23 Replies
TSavage

Hi Team,

I have a user who wants to manage quote templates on behalf of the sales team - he is a more technical employee who's been tasked to manage hubspot and help out the sales team. 

Right now in order to create and manage these 'shared' templates for quotes he is required to have super-admin permissions which for us is a security concern. We want to adhere to least privledged access model and we also want to restrict users day-to-day accounts to not be administative. 

The current work around is to grant and remove super admin permissions any time he needs to work on the quote templates then keep track and remove the permission once he's done.

It would be great to have the permissions for this seperated out as a stand-alone permission that can be granularly assigned.

Dayanaverde
Participant | Diamond Partner

I support this idea 100%, I would like my designer to be able to give him the styles I need without him being Superadmin

JRisberg
Participant

Agree! Our Digital designer make the templates, but for their sake super admin is not needed and it would be better if you could grant access to templates without being suepr admin

miriamschwab

Also agree! In fact, I'd say it's generally not Super Admins who are going to be the ones customizing quotes. Please make it possible for non-super admins to customize quotes as well.

MDCID

Totally agree...why would you give super admin permissions for these kind of needs?

FBrun

Agree! Really need this.

Timothy-Hanlon
Participant

In an ideal world, this wouldn't be necessary if the quote module could be customised without the need to edit the template first. Until that happens, we have to give super admin permissions to our sales team to allow them to edit the quote template. 

KiloWhiskeyJ

100% agree! I just discovered this interesting "feature" today, as my sales manager wants to change just one line in a quote template. Now I have to give her super admin access just to do this!

It makes zero sense that this access permission is locked in to the super admin role. HubSpot, please break this permission out so that it can be set separately!

KiloWhiskeyJ

@TSavage Totally agree! Please consider following upvoting and replying to this Idea, as it's exactly the same as this one but has more upvotes.

GCurley

100% please do this. It doesn't make sense to have to give Super Admin permissions to someone just to create a quote template because the likelihood of them requiring that level of permissions is zero

KevinJohnson
Participant

I can not agree with this idea more than I do.  The permissions system in Hubspot has to many examples of this.

CSic
Contributor

Need this too!! I was shocked to see if requires an admin. 

CCoupeScott

Yes! Sales admins should be able to create their quote templates.

courtney_hickey
Contributor

Please add this, we need developers to adjust and cannot give them super admin permissions over the entire system for this.

TimberTech

Even the HubSpot support staff I spoke to were suprised this required Super Admin permissions. This makes no sense. We need to hire a web dev to update the templates, but you expect us to give him super admin access?? Does anyone from HubSpot even read these ideas? This was bought up in May 2022 and nothing has changed. 

IvanoSS

+1

AxelleDervaux

+1 !!!

BZain

Hi,

I want to request a feature in HubSpot where users apart from the Super admin can edit Quote templates. As of now, only Superadmins are able to do that, and that is no longer feasible for us.

We have a lot of different users in our organization, and with the current system, it is difficult to give super admin access to a user just for editing Quote templates. It would be great if you could provide us with an option where we can grant edit permissions on quotes to other users as well.

ModuleMaestro
Participant

+1 on this. This would be ideal especially when working with an external provider to create customised quote templates. Giving Super Admin access represents too much risk and permissions.

RongenRobles

We need this. Please make it happen.