HubSpot Ideas

Pos_Ortho

Accessing Smart Rule Analytics on Email

I recently sent an email using the subject line Smart Rule and used 5 different smart rules for the subject line, and now I am looking in the email analytics but they don't show up there.  I think it would be smarter and more accessible to show them almost like an A/B testing and show the separate smart rules and how they performed with the audience the emails were sent to.  I would love to be able to go in and see the clicks and opens like a normal email analytic page.  

Thanks!

4 Replies
Terri7

I just came across a similar issue. Implemented a few smart rules in an automated email, but I can only see the performance of the default content. 

I believe the analytics (like "Top Clicked Links") reports on the email in total (including the smart content), the click map only shows me the default content and there is no option for me to see the other variations of the email. 

This would be a fantastic and super helpful feature, dear Hubspot team!

tmerriam

Agreed!   

mkarsten
Top Contributor

We'd like to take advantage of smart rules, but without efficient segmented reporting, we're going back to separate emails for each version.:(

HarryHawk-BKPR
Contributor

This is needed for all of the variations including those based on "Smart rules" within the subjectlines, and well as smart rules within the body of the emails and/or combined with A/B testing... 

Although the results don't show in the default view they should be accessible in two other ways;

#1 - In the Compare Email report.., which allows up to 10 emails to be compared -- We should be able to compare by Smart Rule (select the same email mulitple times and assign each one a smart rule).

#2 - In a custom report 

Re: #1 (link) 

Compare email performance | Modify this report to accept Smart Rule variations 

To review the deliverability and engagement data between various published emails, you can compare up to ten emails side-by-side:

• In the top right of the email Performance page, click Actions, then select Compare email.
  • To the right of the originally selected email, click the Select email to compare dropdown menu. Then type the name of the email you want to compare it to.