HubSpot Ideas

ben-duchy

Access Custom Objects in App

I find that the HubSpot app is very limited. It would be great to access / edit custom objects within the ios app. Currently I can only see the default Deals / Contacts etc.

@dennisedson what do you think?

HubSpot Updates
January 30, 2024 01:35 AM

This is currently possible in a limited way and we're working on ehancements this year.

To associate a Custom object record to a Contact, Company, Deal or Ticket, navigate to the Custom object record, tap the Associations tab, from there you should be able to associate a Contact, Company, Deal or Ticket record. Note that currently the only way to navigate to a Custom object record is to either have it associated with another Contact, Company, Deal or Ticket or to send a deep link to yourself on your mobile device and open it from there. This applies to iOS.

Delivered
December 14, 2023 07:13 AM

Hi there, I wanted to give an update here that it is now possible to edit custom object records on iOS. Adding new records is possible on web and Android. We don't yet have a concrete timeline to share on making this functionality possible on iOS, but it is on our radar.

You can edit Custom objects from the Contact, Company, Deal or Ticket record screen. To edit a Custom object:

1. Open a Contact, Company, Deal or Ticket record.
  2. Navigate to the Associations tab, find the Custom object you want to edit. Tap to open the Custom object record.
  3. From the About tab, tap “Edit”.
  4. Make the required changes and save the record.

To delete a record, tap Delete.

June 17, 2022 07:08 AM

@ben-duchy , I am always on the side of increasing access 😀  You have my vote!

18 Replies
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team

@ben-duchy , I am always on the side of increasing access 😀  You have my vote!

MattVizzi
Member | Platinum Partner

This would be very helpful! We're creating an extensive Custom Object platform for a mobile sales team. Not having access via iOS is a huge problem.

ben-duchy
Top Contributor

@MattVizzi I'm in a similar position. A lot of my time is spent developing web modules that utilise Custom Objects and HubDB, neither of which can be accessed within the app. Seems a no brainer to me to get these added to the app to allow companies to update content on the fly.

IHunter

I don't see why this wasn't a default option that is already supported by the IOS app version. This really limits operational needs for those using the custom objects feature. Members of the team that are mobile and have limited access to a laptop and computer will utilize the mobile app to access all that is available in HubSpot. This creates an issue as our IOS users (which is the majority of our company) do not have access to custom objects.

bncrain

Agreed. Similar to how you can navigate between contacts and companies from the "Contacts" option in the mobile app by switching over to the other tab, I feel like these custom objects can be added in a similar fashion in the "Deals" selection and by clicking over to the next tab. Having them be their own entity in the dropdown menu would be more ideal, but anything to help implement this would just be appreciated in general.

Custom Objects also need a higher degree of customization in general since businesses are unique and have different metrics that don't necessarily fit into the "contact, company, deal, ticket" scheme. Having them function like one of the preset objects would vastly improve the usability of the entire hubspot platform.

SMICHAUT

Also very much in favor of this development ! Would be very helpful

JROYER

You have my vote too

ADartnall

We have developed a custom object ('projects') to associate contacts/companies to projects, and not having visibility to view, search by, or edit this custom association on the app is a problem. Having access to and funcionality of custom objects on the app is needed as soon as possible

ahashimi

Our field team is very limited without this functionality

YoussefB
Participant

Very important feature !!! 

Guigou182

agreed need to access the custom objects from the app

cecilia-smart

+1 

I have commented on another similar thread with my thoughts regarding the issue and now want to visit additional threads to boost the voice. 

This is a necessary feature.

AllyHuft
Participant

This seems like a massive flaw for the iPhone app.  I use both Android and iPhone, and it seems that the iPhone has many restrictions that the Android devices do not and this is one of them that should be at the top of the list to fix.  Once again Android for the win! 

GayaJoli
HubSpot Product Team

Hi there, I wanted to give an update here that it is now possible to edit custom object records on iOS. Adding new records is possible on web and Android. We don't yet have a concrete timeline to share on making this functionality possible on iOS, but it is on our radar.

You can edit Custom objects from the Contact, Company, Deal or Ticket record screen. To edit a Custom object:

1. Open a Contact, Company, Deal or Ticket record.
  2. Navigate to the Associations tab, find the Custom object you want to edit. Tap to open the Custom object record.
  3. From the About tab, tap “Edit”.
  4. Make the required changes and save the record.

To delete a record, tap Delete.

Wertzdesigns65

Another thing to add to the custom object discussion is for the ability to search for the custom object in the mobile search function.

Example:

I have a serial number custom object setup that I can easily search on the desktop version but I get zero results when I try and use the mobile search.

Participant

We at least need to be able to associate an existing custom object to a contact from the app. 

Please prioritize this, major difficiency in getting reps to adopt hubspot mobile app

GayaJoli
HubSpot Product Team

This is currently possible in a limited way and we're working on ehancements this year.

To associate a Custom object record to a Contact, Company, Deal or Ticket, navigate to the Custom object record, tap the Associations tab, from there you should be able to associate a Contact, Company, Deal or Ticket record. Note that currently the only way to navigate to a Custom object record is to either have it associated with another Contact, Company, Deal or Ticket or to send a deep link to yourself on your mobile device and open it from there. This applies to iOS.

Participant
that's an insanely limited way. .. . I thought this is hubspot community
where I submit ideas and feature requests?!?!?

We need a way to associate/add new custom objects to contacts on IOS just
like android