HubSpot Ideas

clairebrown_

Description Field in Reports on Dashboard

In the dashboards, there should be a description area below the report title on each report. It'll help anyone, regardless of team or role, understand the filters applied to and the goal of the report. It'd be cleaner than trying to include a brief description in the title itself.

47 Replies
jolson829
Participant

As a sales operations manager I would LOVE to add report descriptions because we have hundreds of reports in the system and different ways of cutting data and in current state I field several questions monthly of my leadership teams and end users wondering what certain reports mean, or why one report is different from another. 

An example is we can look at lead generation two ways - 1) MQLs generated by marketing and assigned or 2) ALL leads created by any channel. Leadership teams call both of those MQLs casually, so I'm constantly having to explain why one "Lead Report" has more on it than another one. Another use case for descriptions is I make a lot of "check engine" reports and would like to explain to the Sales Directors what their next step should be. Like "This report is showing leads created in the last 24 hours and not contacted yet. Either have your rep call within the next hour or have them clean up their hygiene/log their call to reflect engagement." 

Right now, an individual manager or leader in the company can't just casually look at dashboards and understand what's going on.. they need to be explained. This would take a lot of that heavy lifting off of our small sales operations team and lead to better decision making across all teams.

jenniferlim
HubSpot Employee

I'd like to be able to add a description when creating custom reports. At this time it just says "This is a custom Contacts/Activities/etc report" which isn't very helpful in telling my team what it's reporting on.

Msyvrais
Key Advisor

Add small descriptive box for each report on dashboards to allow explination of the report. 

Create custom section dividers and headers for each dashboard

DinDjarin
Participant

Yes This would be great. Don't want too many dashboards but many reports in one dashboard is hard to navigate.  In a sales report to be able to add a divider and section header would be useful, eg "Lead generation" followed by next section "sales pipeline" etc. Easy to get lost now. 

RyanGarrod
Participant

I too would love this.

ddomroski

HubSpot reports currently have a field at the top of the report called 'About this report'. It would be helpful if this was an editable field to enter a description about the report for users.  

AMGeden

I've had to make reports with embarassingly long names to remind people what they are showing, and half the time it still isn't enough. Editing the about would save a TON of headaches!

SRuckaberle

I'm having the same problem. Would be great if I could edit it!

wickedbo

I want this so we can add Benchmarks to each report. Each KPI has a benchmark.

JdeRocquigny
Contributor

When creating a report, we should be able to add a description of the report that summarizes the purpose of the report in plain terms.  currently we have to open the reports, look at the criteria and filter options to make sense of what the report is trying to capture.

abrow
Contributor

Must have! If Dashboards could have sections, more than 20 widgets, and descriptions they would be KILLER! As it stands now I have to add a text widget wasting 1 one of my 19 slots to try and explain how to use each report. Also can't use headers so people get so lost and confused.

JBudd

We are running into the same issue and agree that it would be VERY helpful. There is, sometimes, additional information (beyond looking at the filters), that can be primordial to understand the nuances of a given report.

Thank you for considering this request.

MSingleton1

When using Dashboards, there are hundards of reports displaying data. Having the ability to edit the 'About Report' section when you click on a report would allow managers/CEOs to understand what the data is showing. 

This feature already exisits for properites where you can describe what the property is intended for. 

DaleThomas

Yes!  This is much needed!  I need to be able to add a description and explain a few fields in my reports.  

Averyg
HubSpot Employee

Reports currently have a default description such as "This is a custom report". The ability to edit this would be really useful for providing context and an overview about the report. 

aaronsydecar
Participant

I can't believe this isn't possible already 🤯  🤯  🤯

ifaith

I second this idea!! This would be very helpful for my entire team. Hoping HubSpot makes this possible soon!

tmitch_sona
Participant

Adding my voice to this request as well. Feels very important to be able to add a line or two of additional context to a report.

BennyP
Contributor

I can so agree to this. It's vital vital - reports can seem similar but specific filters have been applied for a specific reason. 
If we keep on not having this feature, the person who has created these reports will need to continuosly explain the logic behind it. 

Hubspot, do we have some updates on this? 

JLambán

It could be great!