HubSpot Ideas

Skogluft

Ability to use fractional values for Product quantities

Today its only possible to enter whole numbers in quantity in quotes. this is very limiting.

For example when you sell 1,5 hours. Or you sell 1,5 square feet of something. or 1,5 pounds...

You get the point. extremely important that this is corrected.

HubSpot Updates
Delivered
May 18, 2022 02:20 PM

Hey team - Ethan here, PM of the HubSpot Product Library. I'm happy to report that we are currently rolling this feature automatically. There is no beta for it, but we should have it fully rolled out across HubSpot by next Monday (May 23rd). By next Monday, all portals will be able to add up to 7 numbers behind the decimal point on their quantities. So, for example, you can offer 1.25 hours of consulting, or 2.25678 pounds of concrete, up to 7 decimal places.

I'd recommend hopping into your portal and seeing if you have the feature and trying it out. If you experience any bugs in how the feature works, or calculations (e.g. net price, MRR calculations, etc.) please open a support ticket and let us know. If you don't see the feature in your portal, just give it until Monday for the feature to fully propegate throughout the system. By EOD Monday, it will be out to 100% of users. 

Drop a note here if you have any questions.

NOTE: We do not yet offer higher decimal precision for "Price", but we're working actively on it. We need to resolve an issue with precision in multiple currencies before we can ship, but the feature is top of mind for us.

April 06, 2022 08:28 AM

Hey folks - Ethan here, product manager for the Product Library. I just wanted to provide an update. We're still hard at work on this and just waiting to resolve some internal dependencies so we can get this feature rolled out. I can't say for sure when it will go out, but I would expect some time in the first half of this quarter (Q2, 2022). The previous update still holds. We will be offering higher decimal precision in a number of fields (e.g. Quantity, Price) on Line Items associated with Quotes and Deals and we likely won't run a beta for this feature since it is relatively "low risk". I'll update this idea once it has been delivered. 

As a sidenote, I'll be updating the top Ideas associated with Products and Line Items ~once per quarter going forward. I will include (1) whether or not a feature is on the roadmap for that quarter or not and (2) what our rollout plan for that feature is (e.g. will there be a beta or not). If you have feedback about additional information I could include in these updates, drop a note here. If I see a theme, I'll adjust my updates to address that.

I won't be doing this for every idea, but most ideas above 25 kudos will get that treatment. Looking forward to getting this feature into your hands!

Being Reviewed
January 20, 2022 10:25 AM

Hey team - I just wanted to give you an update that this work will be completed with this other idea found here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Accept-more-decimals-of-cent-values-for-product-price/idi-p/194368

I'll paste the other update below: 

Hey folks - my name is Ethan and I'm the product manager for the Products and Line Items team. I just wanted to let you know that this is on our roadmap for this quarter and, while I can't give you an exact timeline for release, I would expect that sometime next quarter you will be able to add both fractional quantities in our "Quantity" field and you will have a higher decimal precision (ideally up to 4+ decimal places) in our "Price" field. 

This particular feature probably won't have a wide beta. We'll test it it with a dozen or so teams, then we'll just roll it out to everyone on a percentage basis. I'll update this thread when we begin the percentage rollout. 

As a sidenote, I'll be updating the top Ideas associated with Products and Line Items ~once per quarter going forward. I will include (1) whether or not a feature is on the roadmap for that quarter or not and (2) what our rollout plan for that feature is (e.g. will there be a beta or not). If you have feedback about additional information I could include in these updates, drop a note here. If I see a theme, I'll adjust my updates to address that.

I won't be doing this for every idea, but most ideas above 25 kudos will get that treatment. Looking forward to getting this feature into your hands!

September 09, 2021 10:10 AM

Hey folks - Ethan Kopit here, the product manager of HubSpot Quotes. I wanted to drop in to give you some updates. We're continuing to make progress on this feature and we will most certainly build it, though I cannot provide an exact ETA yet. Our team has been focused primairly on making quote templates customizable, which is why it might seem like some ideas don't get moved on for some time.

Just so you know, we read every post on the community, and every comment (we actually get an email notification every time someone comments). I appreciate the enthusiasm and I'm excited to keep making progress here.

In Planning
December 03, 2020 08:55 AM

70 Replies
NicoleSengers
Guide | Elite Partner

This feature would allow people to sell variable amounts so 1.5 hours but also 3.25 meters of product in the flooring industry, litres of paint and area size of various areas where people work. I think this allows HubSpot to be used more easily in the construction industry as a whole as well as to integrate with various retailers.

RCoetzee

This is absolutely crucial

KFagan
Participant

Would be a beneficial feature to allow for accuracy

DPieterse

Functionality of Decimal urgently needed.

Thank You

TandyLou

This is really necessary to be able to run products efficiently

rhondagentry

Yes, we are anxiously awaiting the addition of fractional values for quoting.  For now, we build our own quote and add them as an attachment to emails.

Blythe
Participant

I agree. In our business we sell in m2 and as products are sold in different sizes and pack dimensions, not being able to detail the exact amount is going to limit our quoting ability severley.

MStoffel

I still can't believe this isn't default functionality - from an IT perspective it is not that difficult. We sell a lot of products by weight. There is a big difference between 2 ton and 2.5 ton. GET THIS ASAP - for a product as expensive as it is compared to others, this should be a no brainer

tribuseric

Definitely something needed - 

Anyone that does hourly based work that's does true billing (not rounded up) would need this option.

WDavis33

Please fix urgently. Poor work from Hubspot not fixing this still 15 months after the error was raised.

ThierryCalderon
Contributor | Diamond Partner

Hi Hubspot

Any update for this basic and mandatory core feature ?

Our clients boought Sales Pro for quote inside Hubspot.....

Thanks

SkylerReeves
Participant

This seems like it should be as simple as changing the accepted input data type from an integer to a float. Why is this not an available feature yet?

JeromeBourreau

Please when you sell as a configuration, a number of man-day , I sometime have to "sell" have days... please allow us to invoice a non integer value, I really look like stupid or using an unflexible SAP tool  when I have to explain this constraint in my invoice tool... 

sawright2000

Suprised that this is not an 'out of the box' feature! Adds friction to my Flywheel! 

Lilliput00
Participant

HubSpot: is this in development? And do you have an idea of when it might be released? 
Also, would love to sign up for beta testing.

Thanks, S

ThierryCalderon
Contributor | Diamond Partner

Hi Hubspot 

Any news on this basic feature ?

Thanks

JMorales

Has this feature been rolled out yet? 

YiRui_Chua
HubSpot Employee

Hi team,

Commenting for a customer here.

Do we have any update? This isn't just for "Quotes", but for "Line Items" in general where quantity field doesn't allow decimals and would round up automatically.

Thanks!~

KatBurgess
Participant

Hello HubSpot Product Team, 

Looks like we have been asking for this capability of allowing decimals in the quantity fields for a very long time with no concrete response from you.  What's the deal?  Can you please give us an update besides "In Planning" from Dec 2020.

This is unacceptable to say the least! 

TUnger

Another vote for "This feature is needed!"