HubSpot Ideas

Johannes1991

Ability to turn on / off the "Press Enter to Send Message" function in Chat.

It would be great to have the option, as you do in Linkedin, to toggle this on / off per user.

Sometimes it is easy to accidentally press Enter or want to start a new line and instead you send a chat message.

Screenshot 2019-08-07 at 13.54.46.png

25 Commentaires
jamiemcrobb
Membre

YES!! This is infuriating. I'm forever sending half an email.

SeanP
Membre

We just started using the chat feature in HubSpot for my company, and the addition of this feature would be greatly appreciated.

karolinapiskorz
Membre

Definitely, a very helpful and needed functionality that lets us create one message full of information before it's sent. Very often there is a need to start writing from the new line in one message. 

What also often happens is that after sending a message that should include more information starting from a new line, we get a response before we type the rest of the information. This may cause confusion.

AreebAhmad
Membre

What if one accidentally hits Enter/Return key? The message will get sent when you didn't want it to

brunamartins
Membre | Partenaire solutions Diamond

This would help us a lot

1stClaas
Contributeur

PLEASE!!

marcodirk
Participant

I would really appreciate being able to use this feature. Complicated responses to a client just require me to continue on a new line. It is frustrating to have a message sent while not yet completed. My current workaround is to write my message in a third party note app, so I can copy-paste the contents into the conversations interface to send. 

DPolydores
Membre

Yes! Please!!!

Areyeh
Membre

I agree 100%. This is a must feature as I am sending one or two lines accidently to the customer in replies. Currently I'm using Word to write my responses and copy pasting it into HubSpot.

GYessergepova
Membre

Yes, I am having an issue with that as well and your recommendation would come in very handy. I have accidentally sent messages over by cliking "enter" hoping it would skip the line, instead the message went over inclomplete. 

NVasquez25
Membre

Completley agree. Our Support team has a lot of issues with this and messages get sent accidentally. There should be a SEND button rather than the default being to send. I'm actually very surprised this feature has not been implemented since so many people have the same negative expereince with it. 

OdeMaximy
Membre

Yes, yes and YES !!!!

PvanZandwijk0
Membre | Partenaire solutions Elite

Yes this is a must have for the live chat and chatfbot functionality within HubSpot. 

jraoult
Membre

Just had a chat with support about that, and then found this suggestion. Can not count the number of half-baked comments I've sent over the last 3 years or worse... emails to customers 😱.

AgataFuśnik
Membre

Yes! Yes! Yes!

MarkGM
Participant

Absolutely must have. 🙏🏼

DLee22
Membre

This is a basic keybopard shortcut which should be something users can alter. When someone uses both chat and email they have different shortcuts so it is very easy to get mixed up. 

It's a joke that this thread was made years ago and Hubspot have done nothing to add it to the system. There seems to be many cases of this - clearly the developers don't pay any attention to feature requests from users. 

FGless
Participant

Oh yes, this is really needed! I have sent too many wrong texts to my clients and leads!

theresadummer
Membre

That would be a really essential feature. 

IRKiroku
Membre

We've just moved to Hubspot to handle our support and our team cannot stop complaining about this feature! It's so frustrating they are sending unfinished messages all the time and it looks unprofessional!