HubSpot Ideas

Jasoncrosta

Ability to turn off individualized alerts.

Hello, 

I am looking to see if creating the ability to turn off individualized alerts can be created. Here is where my idea stems from. I currently receive email alerts to my email account for all alerts I either manually setup or are automated from the Hubspot system. While I enjoy being reminded of good alerts, I also am overwhelmed with the "reminder to check email reply from" alerts. I have so many of these, that I have now created a folder just for HubSpot to auto send these to. Now all alerts are rendered useless due to having too much noise. Please look into this ability. At my company, we all share the same gripe. I can imagine this is across the platform as well with many users. Thank you!

0 Upvotes
HubSpot Updates
August 04, 2020 01:13 AM

@Jasoncrosta can we continue this conversation by email ? Could you please send a screenshot of the specific notification you wish to stop receiving at pjawal@hubspot.com ? 

July 31, 2020 03:17 AM

You can turn off individual task reminders.

To do so, you need to go to the notifications preferences page and uncheck the box "Task reminder" under the section "Tasks".

In addition, you need to go to the Tasks page and select all the tasks for which you want to turn off the reminder then click on "edit" then select "Task Reminders”, then click on the date drop down to reveal the calendar and hit “Clear” at the bottom of the popup and click “Save”.

Here's a quick video I recorded to show you how.

Hope this helps!

Thanks and well wishes!

Best,
Pearly

July 30, 2020 03:09 AM

@Jasoncrosta can you provide more details on this? What do you mean by individualixed alerts?

And how would this be different than turning off the notifications you're not interested in from the notifications preferences page?

5 Replies
Pearly
HubSpot Product Team

@Jasoncrosta can you provide more details on this? What do you mean by individualixed alerts?

And how would this be different than turning off the notifications you're not interested in from the notifications preferences page?

Jasoncrosta

Hi @Pearly , 

I originally spoke to a help rep in regards to the issue I was having, they advised I was unable to do what I was trying to accomplish. 

What I am referring to is the ability to turn off certain e-mail alerts that are sent to my e-mail account. For instance, i currently get "follow up with xxx", "check email reply from XXXX " emails, and other various task emails. I want the ability to turn off ONLY the "check email reply from XXXX" email, but I have been told this is not capable of doing so at this time. I can either turn off ALL email alerts or keep them all on. It's an all or nothing scenario. While I receive an abundance of "check email reply from", causing too much noise. I then start to miss the important tasks I want to see. 

Pearly
HubSpot Product Team

You can turn off individual task reminders.

To do so, you need to go to the notifications preferences page and uncheck the box "Task reminder" under the section "Tasks".

In addition, you need to go to the Tasks page and select all the tasks for which you want to turn off the reminder then click on "edit" then select "Task Reminders”, then click on the date drop down to reveal the calendar and hit “Clear” at the bottom of the popup and click “Save”.

Here's a quick video I recorded to show you how.

Hope this helps!

Thanks and well wishes!

Best,
Pearly
Jasoncrosta

Hi Pearly, 

I tried the above and it did not seem to alleviate the issue I am trying get rid of. 

It does not have a checkbox under tasks for the specific notification I wish to eliminate. 

Pearly
HubSpot Product Team

@Jasoncrosta can we continue this conversation by email ? Could you please send a screenshot of the specific notification you wish to stop receiving at pjawal@hubspot.com ?