HubSpot Ideas

KatAddison

Ability to translate properties

I would love the ability to translate properties. 

We operate in 6 different languages and often use properties to personalise emails. However for properties like countries or regions, we can't use in for all the languages as they are all set up in English. 

So usually i have to clone the property, translate and then use a workflow to append the correct value. 

It would be great to be able to hold multiple translation for one property.

29 Replies
ybn
Participant

Both property labels and values should be translateable.

csaindon

Really need this also! I have employees in french and english and need to create new properties bilingal!

JBoada

would love to have an answer for this or see what option we have while we water for Hubspot to developed this option.

LHotston

This would be really useful, again its a lot of work creating workflows when operating with 22 categories in four different languages. 

JackMoreton

Hi 

Following on from this I have mocked up what a potential solution could look like to meet the user case to help HubSpot visualise how this could work. Take a look here:

Translations User Case/Wireframe 

Critical for multi language like the original poster mentions and for global business looking to utilise a single portal

The current workarounds on offer are: 

- Clone all properties and rename to different language (We have custom properties in the 100's we also have complex integrations and API routines meaning this is unworkabel)

- Add the translation into the label i.e. "Customer Type / Kundentyp" however for companies using more than 2 languages this becomes unworkable

- Add the translation into the field description (this unfairly causes friction for other languages outside of your companies default, our German businesses would be at a disadvantage)

Therefore i believe the only solution is to create this new functionality 

Thanks

inigolekunberri
Participant | Diamond Partner

+1

MFriedel

Yes, this is pretty essential

luizseigo

Absolutely. It was quite a surprise to me that hubspot has no translation options integrated to their systems.

Unfortunately, it seems that hubspot is a single market orientated system and therefore lacking many basic features for multinational companies and from abroad.

mariomaier
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

Yes I would also need this!!

rtrev87
Participant

Yes! I Have to translate each time instead of having a global custom field translation. It'll be nice to be able to change the text a bit in the form editor when using the properties, but having to translate each time is too much work for this busy bee. 🐝

LeonMontero

Idea muy útil cuando se tienen equipos en geografías con distintos idiomas

KZhuk

HIghly needed!

Z00M

This functionalty is highly needed for our busines too!
The JackMoreton mockedup's are in line whth missing support for multi language translation regarding custom proprties. 

Please do preoritize this in the backlog.

irene-it
Member | Diamond Partner

This is much needed! There are too many companies with sales team all around the world!

How can I explain them that only standard Hubspot properties are translated while custom properties aren't!

Babis

That's extremely useful and crucial for international companies. Please give it a priority.

MSchillig

This would be extremely needed. We operate in 9 countries. Thanks, very much in advance!

PAtlan
Contributor

This would be very useful as we have teams in Germany and in France. Using the "double property" hack is ok, but frankly it's a burden on our dev team. 

KRobertsson

This is very much needed for our team who have forms in 8 different languages. Duplicating properties for different languages does get to complicated with reporting. 

froettgen
HubSpot Employee

This would be great!

ICABEZAS

+1