HubSpot Ideas

Nickdhutchinson

Ability to share dashboards externally

It would really benefit our team if we would be able to share our dashboards with customers. I have tried the email function but unfortunately, it cuts half of the dashboard out.

A live dashboard would be even better 🙂

Nick

HubSpot Updates
April 07, 2022 11:07 AM

Hello!

My name is Shanker Sahai, I am the Product Manager for the Reports Management team and I am looking to speak to customers to learn how they would like to share reports and dashboards to Non HubSpot users or users. I am interested in learning more about what channels you wish to share reports or dashboards in (Email, Slack, etc etc), access control, type of file (PDF, CSV, PNG) and security.

Please email me at ssahai@hubspot.com

Thank you
Shanker

80 Replies
wasabimadison

Would absolutely love to see this.

LCartwright

This would be an amazing way to share our efforts with external partners!

Abirch
Participant

YES! This is so needed! Our marketing team works out of HubSpot, but our sales team works out of Salesforce. They hate going into HubSpot and avoid it, so if I want to share a campaign dashboard with them I have to download it into a PDF regularly. Having an external link would be SO HELPFUL!!!

LTasker1

+1 this would be SUPER helpful!

MStefan5

Yes 1000% to this. We do a lot of reporting and have to export each report and then upload into a Google Sheet just to make the same reports.

TCartwright

This is essential for Dashboards, we want to email clients dashboards on a recurring basis and we can only set this up with internal email addresses. Simply being able to email dashboards to external email addresses is not even a feature that needs to be built but rather is an unnecessary restriction that should be removed. 

David_Bolton
Participant

100% essential feature for us. An absolute must to be able to share externally or even ability to embed.

Uusteri
Contributor | Diamond Partner

I agree 100% this feature would be needed for several reasons. Sharing with customers, visualizing analytics to Team members via an infoscreen and even sending out dashboards to Management who in larger companies are not active HubSpot (don't have an activated account) 

Really hope this feature will be possible soon! 

ABenisti
Participant

This function is a must. do you have plans to add it soon?

DLolas

Awesome idea. This is happening to us as well and it is really frustrating. Pipedrive has that feature; a live dashboard for non platform users!

SDaeche

Yes to upvote!

JeannieF
Participant

Sharing live dashboards with external parties would be very helpful. +1 on the idea.

SSahai2
HubSpot Product Team

Hello!

My name is Shanker Sahai, I am the Product Manager for the Reports Management team and I am looking to speak to customers to learn how they would like to share reports and dashboards to Non HubSpot users or users. I am interested in learning more about what channels you wish to share reports or dashboards in (Email, Slack, etc etc), access control, type of file (PDF, CSV, PNG) and security.

Please email me at ssahai@hubspot.com

Thank you
Shanker

RebeccaAM

Just adding one more voice to this. The ability to share a report without giving access to all our data is crucial. We work with several partners and the current options are all lacking.

1. If we jut send a report, we can only build reports that are a "picture" (i.e. bar graph, pie chart, etc). When a spreadsheet type report gets mailed, it is cut off and static so there is no way to scroll to see the remaining data. This is true for both column and rows.

2. If we make them a user, we have to give them access to the data that feeds the reports. I don't mind showing a partner certain properties on our deal, but they don't need (or want) to see EVERYTHING. I just need them to have access to the report.

3. Use a third party integration to make this possible. I'm working on this as a current solution. I've seen Google Data Studio mentioned and we are Google Workspace users so that makes the most sense until Hubspot solves this issue.

I'm happy to provide more information about our use case to the team so you can better understand why this is so limiting for us (and it seems like others).

FBuguet
Participant

Sharing data with partners is critical to value your partnerships but you need to do so while controlling what you expose and avoiding manual work and errors. It is why you can use a tool that does it for you like Whaly.
A couple of reasons how it does the job well

1. Reduce maintenance time and sharing errors -> one report can be use with filtered links and passwords for several partners so if you edit the master report, all the partner reports follow up automatically
  2. Control access over data you share -> you don't necessarily want to give access to all of your Hubspot data
  3. Display exactly what you want -> you can build custom metrics without tweaking Hubspot objects and properties
  4. Get historical trends on your analysis -> access historical data for each object to analyze historized data like did my funnel or conversion rate improve over time
Williamsons

Agree! I like to share with my executive team without inviting them to HubSpot.

samholyoak

It would be great if we could generate a shareable link, like available with tools such as Databox. 

No need for logging in to HubSpot, but live updates of the data, without the ability to drill down.

Purely for presentation purposes. 

Not only valuable for sharing with external stakeholders, but also presenting on TVs as Dashboards, via devices such as AirTames. 

We currently have to export our data and import it into Databox. The native integration between the two isn't great, so we have to make use of manual exports and imports. 

As a result, the data is static, limited in adaptability. If we had this feature, we wouldn't need Databox, and would have one more key need for Dashboards and Reporting fulfilled by HubSpot. 

LindaMunetrix
Participant

This is a definite need for several applications. 

1) sharing information with customers (which could be done with the customer portals too)

2) sharing company information (sales stats, tickets, churn, retention, etc.) with external corporate partners, subsidiaries, or investors 

FBecker

This has to change. Why should I invite the CEO to Hubspot when the only thing he needs is a report? It makes no sense. 

RCamargo1

YESSS... Pipedrive has it and HS doesn't???