HubSpot Ideas

michaelpowens

Ability to set default fonts and font sizes in email sent from within the CRM

There should be a way to set the default font and font size in the Email client within the CRM?

107 Replies
dianna
Contributor

HubSpot - do you have ANY comments???

DylanL
Participant

Sequences are completley unusable because the fonts dont match. The entire world uses Calibri. How is this not an option? Please update.

Thanks.

Floris
Participant

I cant beleive this is not a feature yet! very essential and simple. Ruins Corporate Identity 

Alexaustin

I posted this original comment a significant amount of time ago and it is abundantly clear that Hubspot absolutely could not care less about the opinions of their users.

immaculatephil

Was just about to post the same 'idea' - which seems to be a fairly basic requirement. I have to change the font I send from Contacts in CRM. I've also been told by the Chatbot/Helper that this cannot be set as a default, so would need to be added as a new Feature. So let's get Upvoting on this request and get it added!!

kyle2
Participant

Agreed. It's important to make sure our branding of the emails is consistent when we use Hubspot and when we don't. Changing it every time is a huge pain.

allanrmanuel

Please allow option to change default font. Not helping conversion rate with Times New Roman. 

klangkammer
Participant

Yeah, this should be easier. It's pretty basic and very frustrating. 

vickyw

This is going to drive me mad changing the font to Calibri every time  >.<

vickyw

Oh this really is bonkers. The syle formatting menu disappears after you select a font, meaning you have to highlight the text again, and select the formatting again if you also wish to set the font size?!

Have I seriously got to go through these steps every time I send an email?

cstewartPCI
Participant

I am in the same boat, probably complained about this at the same time last year after we bought the platform and discovered the fonts are times new roman.  

Hubspot -- are you listening?

SteveHudgell

Can someone from HubSpot please respond to this request. It's a fairly simple and basic concept that an organisation, or indvidual, is going to want to standardise outbound emails to comply with branding standards. What prevents this from being made available? Thank you.

dwaeldchen
Participant

MUST HAVE!!

NCO
Top Contributor

HUBSPOT. Help me, help you!

We need this.

JefferyB

It's been almost a year since I asked this question.  HubSpot, anything?

NCO
Top Contributor

@JefferyB and 2+ years since it was posted.

I try to put myself in the shoes of the Product team - I imagine that hundred's of these ideas are submitted on a daily basis and it's impossible to get to every single one. On the flip side, there are so many updates that you'd want to believe would not take too long to implement and would satisfy a whole handful of folks (and give Hubspot users confidence that these ideas are being considered).

There should be certain thresholds - if an idea has 50+ votes and has been open for over 1 year, a product team member would at least touch base on the thread, if for nothing else to relay that this idea is still in the pipeline to be reviewed. Conceptually, I think this idea's forum is awesome and a great channel for users to relay feedback to the team. In reality, we lose confidence in this medium and the frustration mounts when we receive zero indication as to whether an idea has even been brought to the team's attention. It's super discouraging to be told by a support member that something I'm looking for is not currently available but I should upvote it on the forum, only to find a thread (like this) that's over 2 years old and closing in on 100 upvotes with no sign of movement.

Yes - it would be amazing if there was a smaller division of the product team focused on reviewing and implementing small, day-to-day functionality changes that would enhance many users experience significantly. But at the minimum, keep people in the loop and aware that their feedback is being taken seriously. A small amount of communication can go a long way.

immaculatephil

Hear hear everyone. Let's keep this one going and MAYBE, just MAYBE HubSpot might listen in and could even reply!!

(in Times New Roman of course!).

dianna
Contributor

I probably first commented here two years ago and still have not heard a reply. Which does surprise me, because usually HS is pretty good with other chains I have been in. It really is ridiculous they have not even commented here yet. This is also highly important for the brand image of our company.

That being said - I do want to be sure you all know that you can change the fonts in an email if you go to the email template and/or the template's CSS file inside the design manager. It does take extra time to do, but if you set it up once in the template and use the same template, you don't need to do it again. Sometimes you need to add CSS or HTML in each section inside the email itself, and it could get a little time consuming. It really helps if you are familiar with CSS. Just want you all to know that there is workaround. Good luck! And I hope HS lets us set our own defaults soon. 🙂 

hersheyjon

This is needed.

Charlottei

Hubspot is the best of the best CRM with all the bells and whistles but we still have to change our font on every email we send??