HubSpot Ideas

jenniferlim

Ability to send chat responses as email replies, if customer has left the chat

Posting in behalf of a customer:

If we have the contact's email address, I'd like the ability for live chat responses to be sent as an email to a customer if they've left the chat widget. This will ensure that they've received our response to their query. 

11 Replies
Foxy
Participant

yes - this is really necessary. Users often close chat window after providing email - after all the promt offers to take their email if they dont have time to wait for a reply. So I expect Inbox to send my chat replies to custoemr via email if they've already closed the chat popup or left the site.

Lexi_life

This feature is a must. If the customer closes the chat, he won't ever receive our responses. If the chat has come as an offline message and if the chat bot has collected user email id, it must be sent to the customer via email. I hope HubSpot sees through this major loophole.

kasiabf
Participant

This feature is really needed and is something that is available in Drift, the transcript of the conversation is also sent to the prospect so its easy to pick up a chat conversation where it left off. We really need this in Hubspot!

It seems like an unecessary extra step for our reps to have to fire up an email to reply to the chat, it would be much more effective for them to be able to do it on the same screen.

JMarovt9

This is a basic feature that is really missing currently. Right now our reps have to be assume when someone has closed the chat window and then separately go into email to continue the conversation. This obviously breaks the flow and is unreliable.

EricRthePM
HubSpot Product Team

Thank you for reaching out about this feature. It is currently in beta testing and we are looking for users. If you would like to test this feature out please fill out the form below: 

Channel Switching opt in

oskarsvard

The opt in form is closed. How do i get access to this feature? 🙂

BrowseAI

Yes we would like access too.

Lexi_life

Hello HS Team,

I have a feedback on this feature. Once we reply to a chat by converting it into an email, it should remain as email in the system. It switches back to chat after every reply and if we are not careful, the customer won't get our response!

harmon_dan

@EricRthePM - the opt in form has now closed. Is there a way we can gain access to this beta? Will it become part of the product any time soon?

SCourt-Payen

Hi there - any news on this?

vvadlamani
HubSpot Product Team

This feature was delivered more than an year ago. In the conversations Inbox, you can switch from Chat to Email and continue the conversation. You can find more about this here https://knowledge.hubspot.com/conversations/chat-with-your-website-visitors#respond-to-a-chat-conver...