HubSpot Ideas

Yoshi

Ability to see time a person spent on my landing page, website page, and blog post

Similar to the "time spent viewing email" information, it'd be amazing to see time spent on pages and blog posts.

7 Comentarios
Estado actualizado a: In Planning
AnnaPerko
Equipo de producto de HubSpot

cjsf2323
Participante

Would love to see this as well.

Estado actualizado a: Delivered
AnnaPerko
Equipo de producto de HubSpot

Hi All -- the "Average Time on Page" metric is available in the Pages section of Traffic Anaytics (under Analytics Tools in the Reports section of HubSpot).

cjsf2323
Participante

Is it possible to use average time on page in lead scoring? I'm not seeing that ability.

TJ_Price
Colaborador

Can "Average Time on Page" or pages be attached to the user? So we have a "user spent X seconds on this page", or "User spends an average of X minutes on any one page". 

As I see it is on the Pages section of Traffic Analytics, we would really love to see the opportunity to utilize time spent on page as a trigger in a workflow, or a trigger for a Lead Flow.

jebacka
Miembro

About the "time on page" analytic;

I contacted support because I noticed that the same three views of a blog post appeared to have no time on page in HubSpot while having 2+ minutes on page in recordings in Hotjar.  In fact, in Hotjar it appeared all three viewers had read the blog post. 

Support responded with the following:

"I just heard back from our dev team, and I can report the following:

• Technically the way HubSpot calculates time on page is based on the difference between the time a visitor views that page, and the time they view the next page.
  • For scenarios where a visitor does not navigate to another page after the current page, we can't calculate the time on page for that view.
  • I'm not familiar with the inner workings of HotJar however based on one of their docs: https://help.hotjar.com/hc/en-us/articles/115011647627-How-do-Hotjar-Recordings-Work- it sounds like they may have a functionality that actually records/times how long a visitor is on a page.
  • Based on this info it seems very likely that there are cases here where HotJar is recording the time on page through their tracking, however the visitor did not navigate to another page after viewing this post so HubSpot was not able to calculate time on page.
  • Looking at the date range you mentioned above: https://app.hubspot.com/content-detail/2253214/blog-post/4951130890/performance?dateRange=CUSTOM&end... there are 8 views and a 100% exit rate and bounce rate.
  • This means that 100% of the views during that time were an exit (the last page viewed in a session, meaning no pages were viewed afterwards) and a bounce (meaning the only page viewed during the entire session) so this supports the theory that no visitors navigated to another page which needs to happen for Hubspot to calculate time on page. 

I hope this helps you understand why your page view time average was not calculated on your above HubSpot page and how HubSpot and HotJar calculate information differently. Our dev team have taken the above into account and are going to update the KB article above to reflect this information. If you need further clarification do let me know :)"

I'm curious as to why HubSpot designed the time on page analytic in this fashion. I understand that bounces aren't as qualified as views that stay on site (navigate to another page). However, our website has much work to be done to it; we're taking baby steps since we have such a limited budget. We're focusing on getting our staff comfortable with writing content since we're an accounting firm and our content is difficult to outsource. As such, I was using the time on page from Hotjar to help me determine which of our blog posts are being read to narrow down which posts are more successful qualitatively speaking as opposed to performing well from a keyword standpoint alone. 

Since HubSpot's time on page analytic only measures the time on page if the viewer doesn't bounce it's more or less useless to me at this stage. I admit I can see how in the future if we get our inbound implementation functioning at the level it should be; I can see how focusing on the viewers that don't bounce would be more useful. As it stands though, almost all our views are bounces as we have a lot of work to do. Not knowing how long they stay on the page inhibits us from being able to tell if they read our blog post. Therefore, we can't determine which blog posts no one is reading vs. which blog posts most viewers are reading. I'm wondering if this is something HubSpot might consider changing?

We currently use the free version of Hotjar due to our limited budget and because of this it won't be feasible for us to continuously monitor all our blog posts' time on page from Hotjar. 

jjanek
Colaborador

Is there a way to know how many minutes and seconds are spent on a page in HubSpot? It appears to only show how many seconds on average visitors are on the page, and this means I have to convert everything before reporting to other stakeholders. I use Google Analytics to get better data in this area.