HubSpot Ideas

CarlosRdz

Ability to see if an agent is working on a ticket

We have staff which shifts overlap for a few hours, sometimes they end up working on the same ticket, as they don't know who is working in it or not, with Zendesk we were able to see when an agent was working with a ticket, by displaying if an agent had a ticket open or not.

Our support agents are aiming to work on ALL TICKETS queue, so they can help each other and meet our SLAs better.

Please see screenshot attached of other software allowing this feature, software is TradeGecko and Zendesk

attachment1_Screen Shot 2019-08-21 at 11.39.30 AM.pngattachment2_Screen Shot 2019-08-21 at 11.42.32 AM.png

45 Commentaires
Herschel
Contributeur de premier rang

YES! Our support reps work in shifts as well but sometimes will overlap leading to the potential for two people to unknowningly pick up the same ticket which can be very frustrating and confusing.

CarlosRdz
Participant

I just can't beleive such a  basic feature is not available...

rawchel
Membre

Totally! Cant wait to see when this gets developed. 

MasterEales
Participant

Yes would make it easier for my team so we don't all try and reply to the same ticket!

eComEngine_Suz
Participant

This is standard functionality and critical to support operations to make sure multiple team members are not responding to a ticket at the same time AND just in terms of helping give visibility when teammebers are collaborating or reviewing a ticket together.

RacheleCom
Membre

Agreed, this would be very helpful. Sometimes I'm in the process of grabbing a ticket and assigning it to myself when I realize that someone else has just grabbed it at the same time.

jlupo
Membre

Yes, please.  We had this functionality in Kayako and found it to be a highly valuable feature!

lballesteros
Membre

Yes, this a feature/functionality is what we needed. 

James_C
Participant

This is one thing that our Support team misses from when we used ZenDesk. It is very helpful so that you know if someone else might be working on a ticket you are looking at.

NadineS
Membre

So this is clearly something a lot of people sees value in. Does HubSpot even check these?

NicolasChoupin
Contributeur

Upvoted, this is needed, I frequently have two agents working at the same time on a new case

HWendelboe
Membre

Any news on this issue? - irretating when two agewnts are working the same ticket.

We have switched from Zendesk, were this feature is avilable - and could not image that this is a problem.

DirkArends
Membre

This feels like basic ticket-system functionality that should already be in play. We'll need this functionality in the next few months to continue using the service module of HS. 

NicolasChoupin
Contributeur

I already commented last year, but actually, my team is growing and I need this.

This has been added to conversation tool, I heard that conversation tool and ticketing tool should be merged in the future, but when ?

I guess conversation tool may bu useful for a commercial / marketing team but for a support team we definitely need to work on service/ticket tool.

Thanks for your consideration

Nicolas

lukecro
Participant

This is a must -- it's one of the most-missed features from my team members that I moved from Zendesk over to the Hubspot Service tickets-CRM... 

Knowing who else is viewing a ticket helps both with collaboration and with avoiding agent collisions, multiple customer service reps trying to assign themselves to the same ticket at the same time, other duplicated efforts, etc.

bmlf
Membre

We require this feature as well. When will this feature be available?

notmreed
Membre | Partenaire solutions Elite

I also require this feature within the Tickets Pipeline. Can you please let me know if there is a plan to roll out this feature and if so when it may be implemented? 

amhofmann
Membre

This issue was opened in August of 2019...should we assume it won't ever happen? 😕 

The page should also force a refresh if someone else changes something about the ticket. So if myself and John are looking at the ticket, and John sends an email, it should force refresh my side, so that I see the email he just sent.

ABarringer
Membre

I'm disheartened that this has been a feature request since 2019.   We just moved our support team from HelpScout to HubSpot and this is a feature they are used to.  So how do we prevent 2 people from working in the same ticket at the same time?

lukecro
Participant

Yeah, its a major oversight...

Very basic, core functionality for any modern customer-service CRM. Any service team consisting of more than one person working at the same time is bound to run into collisions otherwise.

When we switched over to Hubspot Service a couple of years ago it was implied it was in the works and coming soon; and eventually a light version of it was rolled out to the Conversations view (which our team doesn't use), and it was implied it'd come to Tickets next... But so far, crickets!

Hubspot suggests using their round-robin auto-assignment tool instead -- if everything is auto-assigned, then everyone is assured to be working on different tickets.

That's great for certain scenarios, but Hubspot's options for this are also too basic to be very useful for teams of even moderate size or complexity. e.g., The auto-assignments are defined by pre-selecting specific people or teams to assign to -- with no smart-exclusions based around whether a rep is even currently logged into the site for work, out sick, on vacation, off-shift, etc.... So you end up having to create and constantly maintain a complex set of interlocking workflows, with each workflow set to auto-assign specific reps based on the specific days/times those reps usually work, along with auto-unassignment workflows that re-assign unworked tickets (as a fallback for if you aren't going in to add/remove reps from the workflows when not available to work during their regular shift), etc.

On the upside, auto-assignment does help lend itself to equal distribution of work, and can increase efficiency, compared to waiting for reps to choose their own tickets.

Another option is to come up with other assignment logic -- e.g., assign tickets of type/category/priority to Agent X, and all other tickets to Agent Y... The logic around that becoming more complex depending on how many reps you have, and whether or not that's a fair way to distribute the work.

But even with these various workarounds, being able to open a ticket and see that another rep is also already looking at the same ticket would be super-helpful.