HubSpot Ideas

purrlo

Ability to see Company properties within the deal view

It'd be great to be able to see certain company properties within the deal view -- currently if we want this data visible, we need to create a duplicate property, then a workflow set up to copy the property information across.

However if we then update the Company property, we need to go in and update the Deal property...!

Just being able to view the existing company property within the deal would be a great way to deal with this.

3 Replies
BDehlinger
Participant | Diamond Partner

Agree! I would like to be able to relate a property or show across objects. 

Example: I have the field on the contact record called: Certificate Number and I need this field to also appear on the Company record. Currently, you would need to create a custom field on the Company record, then create a workflow to copy the value. Ideally, we would have a process called "duplicate property across objects " and when selected the Certificate Number field would be created in Contact and Company and the value would be synchronized. 

Another solution would be to create the option to just show another object's property. The property Certificate Number would still stay on the Contact record, but you should show it on the Company profile view. 

LozAlvarez

Agree! View-only visibility of Company properties on Deal records would be very helpful - particularly to ensure data integrity and to build that muscle for reps to update these data points in the single sources of truth.

JVahrenwald

I know we can combine Deal and Company properties in reports, but it would be nice to have it in a table view because table views are easier to edit.

In our company, we have trouble getting sales people and management to update deal records and they end up just doing it in spreadsheets instead. 🤦‍♂️ So I'd like to show a Deal view with both Deal and Company properties that we could go through weekly and people could edit and update it like a spreadsheet. It might seem unnecessary, but opening up a record in a new tab and editing it there seems to be more work than our team is capable of.