HubSpot Ideas

TBohall

Ability to 'round-robin' incoming conversations or leads.

The ability to assign incoming messages and conversations to different salespeople, in a specific order. Currently, the only way to automatically assign incoming messages to someone is to create a chat flow and assign either "randomly", or assign messages to "the least busy". However, the ability to alternate assignments to salespeople in order, and have the order 'restart' after each salesperson has been assigned a message will help to ensure equal opportunity amongst the salespeople, without manually assigning the messages. 

6 Replies
LY
Contributor

From my use so far, it seems that assignment tries to randomize. I'd prefer if it just assigned incoming items to person 1, person 2, person 3, over and over again in the same order (not restarting from person 1 again at the start of the day but always picking up from where the list left off). The goal isn't to have randomness in the assignment but to have everyone end up with roughly equal work. When trying to randomize there are always those little groupings of info that look like patterns (and might be patterns for all I know about how truly random the system is). I think people would feel that tickets were being equally spread out more if they could see a sequence like this that doesn't leave room to wonder if there are flaws in the system and why did it give me two in a row this time, and so on.

ELee94

Aboslutely agree with this idea. Hopefully HubSpot is able to implement this feature soon. In our case, we would like one primary sales person taking all live chats primarily, and in the event that they are away, the chat is assigned to the next avaialbe person. 

FRough

Agree as well! The ability to assign incoming support emails to different client service/sales representatives equidistantly is a function that HubSpot should implement immediately! If chatbots can be auto-assigned to CSRs/Sales reps by creating chat flows, why is this not available for support emails? There should be a chat status and an email status for each channel of communication (chat/email) offered independently; that way organization is streamlined within HubSpot. 

venizguzman

Also agreeing with this. How many votes would it take before HubSpot works on this idea?

TatendaMoyo
Participant

Yes, we need this! Makes sense to assign in a round-robin fashion instead of randomly so that the load is evenly distributed amongst the consultants managing the inbox.

venizguzman

Upvoting this! We have a few people in our sales team and we need to make sure the work is split equally between them. I hope HubSpot makes an option where we can make the assignment happen in order.