HubSpot Ideas

Captshawn

Ability to rename template folders within Design Manager

You are currently unable to rename the folders that contain templates within the Design Manager. You can rename the templates themselves but not the parent folders. This is silly. Please allow us to rename folders.

HubSpot-Updates
July 08, 2019 08:35 AM

Heya @vertika! If you rename a folder, all the file paths within that folder are updated. Our system additionally automatically updates anywhere you were using those paths.

Re: Ability to rename template folders within Design Manager - changed to: Delivered
November 29, 2018 12:50 PM

This functionality is available in the new design manager.

Status aktualisiert zu: In Beta
October 23, 2017 01:10 PM

Status aktualisiert zu: In Planning
June 22, 2017 10:32 AM

15 Kommentare
Status aktualisiert zu: In Planning
kleonard
HubSpot-Produktteam

jens
Teilnehmer/-in

Folders in design manager can generally be improved, so it's easier to organize and - not the least - reorganize templates. Now you have to go to open every single template and use the move or rename function. Why don't create a drag-and-drop / click-and-rename functionality.

(maybe this is supposed to be posted as a new idea, if then please let me know 🙂 )

Stuart_Moorepay
Mitglied

Yep, this is ridiculous, please sort this asap. It's quite agravating.

katkocurek
Mitglied

Up voting this idea - renaming folders is essential. 

Status aktualisiert zu: In Beta
kleonard
HubSpot-Produktteam

pixelauthor
Teilnehmer/-in

Any update on this? It was apparently in beta as of 10/23, but we need this now. We're transitioning from another ESP and (during the initial transition) need to be able to drop raw code into templates in order to create emails as we have been doing previous to moving to Hubspot. We're trying to stay organized, and it's really hard without the ability to create/rename template and coded file folders within the design manager.

MFrankJohnson
Vordenker/-in

Thanks in advance guys. We can only imagine how much work and TESTING across the entire infractructure this may entail, since everything from the internal system to the CDN 'talks' to URLs that include those folder names, so ... here's a recommendation.

How about making the internally stored names separate from 'Folder Labels'? -- just like HubSpot contact properties!? That way, front-end users can name/rename folder LABELS to whateverthehell (my word) they like, while the back-end still uses the 'Internal name' (which can't be edited once created -- just like HubSpot contact properties).

This short-term strategy may require a little less implementation time, but is, at least, a HUGE step in the right direction. 

Hope that helps and Happy Holidays to all the Orange Oompa Loompas out there.

Best,

Frank @MFrankJohnson

ChrisToshi
Mitglied

Hey guys

I just found a workaround. Create a new folder then move everything from the old folder to the newly created folder. I just done this and the old folder dissapeared.

Hopefully the folder rename will be released with the ne designer manager is launch after beta testing.

Best

Chris 

MFrankJohnson
Vordenker/-in

WAIT ChrisToshi ... You could be about to break things (in a BIG WAY).

Remember, the Design Manager folders are used in URI structures when accessing files. As templates and things access files (e.g., CSS files, image files, etc.) they refer to that structure in their URLs.

If you move things in the way you described (i.e., create new folder, move folder contents, then delete old folder), you're potentially destroying the underlying file system entities that your production URLs point to. Basically, you'll start to see CSS files fail to impact their targets and you'll see missing images in templates (maybe even live pages that use default template images).

Hope that helps.

Best,

Frank at MFJLabs

ChrisToshi
Mitglied

Ah i can see this being a problem for others, apologies!

I was transfering some templates and custom modules across portals and done this fine without errors. WIll not effect the work I am doing, but yes you are right.

bigsis
Mitglied

Yes, this is very silly. Please address!

Status aktualisiert zu: Delivered
mherzog
HubSpot-Produktteam

This functionality is available in the new design manager.

vertika
Mitglied | Partner

@MFrankJohnson  It's 2019 and i think there are updates to this issue. If we rename a file in the design manager, does it going to affect other files in that same folder? Or, can I just change the file name and be done with it without affecting the css and other files, their preview URLs etc?

mherzog
HubSpot-Produktteam

Heya @vertika! If you rename a folder, all the file paths within that folder are updated. Our system additionally automatically updates anywhere you were using those paths.

gabherrera
Teilnehmer/-in

Is this available in the Conversation templates too (doesn't appear to be?) or just Design Manager? Thanks