HubSpot Ideas

hstephenson

Ability to refine filter conditions for creating lists based on form submissions or email engagement

Goal: To create lists for the following use cases:

1. Contacts who have submitted on any form containing "ABM" in the form name

2. Contacts who have clicked any email containing "ABM" in the email name

Value added: There appears to be a way to refine the filter conditions by date and number of times for the form use case, but nothing to help refine the results using key words for neither forms nor emails. This is a huge roadblock for our teams as we have 50+ ABM forms and almost as 100 ABM emails that I need to show engagement for, and without this filterability I would have to create a filter option for EACH of the 50 forms and 100 emails within the list... I don't even think HubSpot would allow this many filter items in one list.

It would be really convenient to select a single filter that says "show me all the contacts who have filled out any form containing ABM" AND "show me all the contacts who have clicked an email containing ABM" and have it populate a list with just 2 filters, rather than 100+ individual filters.

Current refine filter conditions:

Screen Shot 2020-01-03 at 2.24.42 PM.png

Suggesting to add a 'refine by' option to filter by form/email name keywords.

Roles impacted: product marketing teams who need to track their form and email performance/engagement, reporting & analytics teams who create those lists and reports

8 Replies
DaniPerales
Participant

Hi,

This looks like a simple solution that could give us huge potential to improve not only reporting but also triggering of Workflows as we have more than 500 forms and categorized with a naming convention... 

If we could do that... that would ultra-simplify our lives.

RCLeake

Greetings, 

Just a comment to yell from the mountain tops what a GREAT idea this is~!

I'd go so far as to say - it would be great to have the "Any Email" option added to the "Marketing emails" filter.   Measuring engagement on a Per Email level is tedious -- and leveraging a Contact's engagement in our Brand's  total emails in aggregate (to understand how extent of engagement) would be a wonderful thing.

I would also see a huge opportunity to categorize/filter by an Email Keyword, to also "Refine By"...

But under "Marketing emails" , all aspects of Open, Click, etc. -- this filter NEEDS to have  "Refine by number of times" function added.

MANY thanks.

Bob2245
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

Yes please. It's so tedious for reports, triggers, active lists etc. to have to select every single form, email, list etc. out of a group individually. Instead of just 'Any form' or 1 specific form, give me the option like:

Form name

• is
  • is not
  • contains
  • doesn't contain
  • starts with
  • ends with
  • regex

Would save *so* much time.

Phenomammal
Participant | Platinum Partner

Need this in my life.

WebMechanix-CB
Participant | Diamond Partner

This is so needed! We have unique forms for different sources and campaigns to better track performance. But it makes list building and lead scoring a nightmare when you have dozens of forms that could all be covered with one line of criteria.

Vivre
Participant

Want! It is so frustrating when some filters can be refined by date in several different ways, and then other filters cannot be refined by date at all, or somewhere in between. I want to be able to refine things like "Was sent email" or Was enrolled in /completed workflow" in the last # days, not neccesarily between certain dates as that requires more monitoring and updating if you wanted to say control how often a person could re-enroll in a workflow.

tomlake
Participant

Hi @hstephenson , @Vivre , @WebMechanix-CB , @Phenomammal , @Bob2245 

This is a great idea - and something we have come against a lot times.

Whilst it doesn't solve your idea totally, I would like to introduce you to Segment Builder, a HubSpot Marketplace App that allows users to utilise contacts from multiple marketing emails.

Segment Builder allows you to create "Segments" of top engaged contacts from individual marketing emails, Campaigns, Subscription Type, or a combination. You can specify a percentage or a threshold, and the segment will sync to HubSpot as a List, making it workable with all other parts of HubSpot.

Please do try it out for free, and I would love to hear your feedback if you have any. Maybe we can build closer to your idea if it is something you are still interested in.

Happy segmenting

Tom from Segment Builder

tom@engagement-hub.com 

A List of SegmentsA List of Segments

ABeney
Participant

This is so needed, having to manually select each email is ridiculous. At least give us the ability to select all engagement from a campaign or all emails associated to a campaign so we have some filtering ability!