HubSpot Ideas

hannahflat

Ability to merge companies that have parent/child records

Right now if you want to merge company records and any of those are set as either a parent or child record, you have to first remove that relationship before you can merge them. 

When they are related to 1 or 2 companies that isn't too much of a problem, but if the company you wish to merge is related with 10+ companies it is incredibly impracticle to have to first unassociate them from each of those, merge them and then reassociate them again. 

There must be a way that we can merge companies without needing to unassociate them first. 

33 Replies
KFrevele

This continues to be a massive blocker for people. I would love to see the ability to let SuperAdmin's at minimum merge Parent/Child companies with connections. It is painful to have to manually disconnect and reconnect companies.

SLangenbahn
Contributor

Please please fix this. It would be so useful!! 

DHill5
Participant

Going on two years now with no obvious movement on this much needed feature. Incredibly time cumbersome to have to remove the relationship, merge, then re-associate. 

davidrevis
Contributor

Completely agree with everyone here. The parent-child company feature is really needed but we don't use it because of the inability to merge companies. I think the parent company relationship tool should be revamped completely to make it more useful.

Klapprodt
Contributor

Yes, please. It is quite a hassle to disassociate child companies, merge them and then reassociate the merged company. I have to do this very often in a given week, so it gets annoying.

TBornschein

Pls fix!

PBryantsnapADDY

Would be awesome. 

PBaxter
Contributor

This needs fixing PDQ - it's hopeless that this issue still exists. 

YiRui_Chua
HubSpot Employee

hey team, it makes sense that sometimes, parent companies may acquire their child companies and therefore, a merger is required.

Can we please re-look at this? Thank you!

Coopers

@YiRui_Chua thank you -- to clarify, the issue is that parent/child companies can't be merged with ANY other company (it's not that just parent/child companies can't be merged with EACH OTHER) 🙂 

Klapprodt
Contributor

@YiRui_Chua  yes indeed. 

My use case (example): 

Situation in Hubspot

- Company A

- Child Company A1

- Child Companies A2 ... A20 (yes this happens in reality and there are sometimes even more children)

- Company A Duplicate 1

- Company A Duplicate 2

--> Now I want to merge Company A with the two duplicates.

My steps:

1. I have to unassign Child Companies A1 - A20 from Company A

2. Merge Company A with Company A Duplicate 1

3. Merge Company A with Company A Duplicate 2

4. Assign Child Companies A1 - A20 to Company A again

This is a lot of work and occurs more often than you would believe. 

Best!

Marcus

rachel79
Participant

Agreed and ironically the companies, by nature, that require the most merging are the larger enterprise level companies because they often have subsidaries as well as mulitple domains etc.  To not have this feature available feels counterintuitive. Please add!

JPrudil

Upvoted. This would be really very appreciated feature. At least the possibility to merge a (duplicate) company without parent/child relations into a (master) company that already has a parent/child relation.