HubSpot Ideas

hannahflat

Ability to merge companies that have parent/child records

Right now if you want to merge company records and any of those are set as either a parent or child record, you have to first remove that relationship before you can merge them. 

When they are related to 1 or 2 companies that isn't too much of a problem, but if the company you wish to merge is related with 10+ companies it is incredibly impracticle to have to first unassociate them from each of those, merge them and then reassociate them again. 

There must be a way that we can merge companies without needing to unassociate them first. 

33 Replies
aislync
Participant

Need this. We have many companies to merge but it's not feasible to do when there are 30-50 companies associated with either of the companies that need to be merged. We work with schools and districts where there (in theory) are hundreds of associated companies to the parent (district) but when duplicates arise, we are unable to merge many of them.

Matt108
Participant

Yes. This. Annoying as is.

PimKo

Yes please! I don't really understand why you can't merge Parent (or child) companies in Hubspot. In our business this happens all the time and all our customers have these relations. Now, we have to unlink all the companies, merge the parent companies and than link the child companies again. 

BClark1
Participant

This would make database maintenance so much easier to merge this. Hubspot needs to make this happen.

Kristin31

This feature is definitely necessary!

AFletcher
Participant

Yes - there is no reason why this shouldn't be doable.

BenGale
Contributor

This is suuuuuper annoying. We also work in education and more and more schools in the UK exist with a trust structure.

BFuller

I agree that not having this feature almost seems like a bug. Merging is a part of data hygiene, and that needs to occur regardless of any parent/child settings.

Kristiina

I have a case where company I need to merge with another has 53 child companies.. So this is madness really to have to remove them all just to have to add them back again after 😕 you're making standard cleanup way too hard!

JOakley
Contributor

This is pretty critical, can we get some movement on this one please?

WStinson

Any updates on this?

Choosing between an accurate data structure and clean records is a hard choice to make.

AStraczek

Would love to get this added. 

zakflix

I can see there being issues merging two child companies that both have different parent companies, or a parent with a child company. But every other combination should be fine? We should definitely be able to:
Merge a company that has no parent/child relationship with a parent/child company.
Merge two parent companies together.
Merge two child companies of the same parent company together.

DHalliNet
Participant | Platinum Partner

Major roadblock for my client. 

VNaumchak

A major roadblock for us. Would be great to change this. 

JHetherton

Please please fix this. It would be so useful!! 

ATomlinson25

Agreed, please fix Hubspot, this is much needed. 

MW96
Participant

What is actually the reason for not allowing this? I don't understand this.

Coopers

So needed! 

ParryMe
Participant

Absolutely needed. We have MANY duplicate parent accounts due to integration with our ERP systems and need to merge them...but we cannot without removing all children accounts first. Very time-consuming!